• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear suspension cross shaft width

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
Anyone know the width of the upper cross shaft for the rear arm of the skid? Building a tube sled that will use a Cat skid and want to get the width of rear suspension brackets correct.

Thanks

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Does anyone know the snap ring locations, I will be making a shaft for a 1M.
I will add in the extra width for the wider tunnel. Just need from end measurement or ctr. to ctr. and width of ring. Thanks Mike

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
I have one more question. Can someone give me the distance from the front or rear arm bolt to the end of a 153 tunnel(not including bumper)? I believe it’s around 30” measuring from the rear arm.

And from those that ride cats, do you think the tunnel could be shortened and if so how much?

I have most of the tube work done now but need to do the rear section. I want it to be as short as possible without getting covered in snow.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I have one more question. Can someone give me the distance from the front or rear arm bolt to the end of a 153 tunnel(not including bumper)? I believe it’s around 30” measuring from the rear arm.

And from those that ride cats, do you think the tunnel could be shortened and if so how much?

I have most of the tube work done now but need to do the rear section. I want it to be as short as possible without getting covered in snow.
Its pretty much dead on 30" on a 153" 2018 mtn cat. Just measured one.

You could probably shorten 1-2" more but beyond that you are seriouesly going to have issues with snow blasting you in the back.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada

I'm looking forward to seeing how this build turns out!!

Premium Features