• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha weight loss

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Mine too. I actually chipped all the snow and ice off after one ride, weighed it, and posted it in the axys forum a couple years back. Holds a ton more than my short cooler Cats ever have.
Remember what it weighed

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Found the pics on my phone. Just what I was able to chip off the sled, put in a bucket and weigh is was 17.5lbs. So probably held over 20lbs in reality.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
It did have the Polaris extreme front bumper on which didnt help. I replaced it after that with a bmfab which held a lot less snow/ice

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
It did have the Polaris extreme front bumper on which didnt help. I replaced it after that with a bmfab which held a lot less snow/ice
That is one thing i noticed going frome the base bumper to the extreme, is the amount of ice that collected

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I had my 17 Mtn Cat and my buddy's 15 XM on the trailer in the garage after a deep day. I started knocking off ice and snow and taking it out in shovel fulls, easy 5 lbs a piece. I managed to get one shovel off the Cat, over a dozen to get the snow and ice off the Doo. The full skid plate on those is a huge holder of snow, the rear cooler build up the other. There was an easy 50-60 lbs of snow and ice on that machine.

Some definately hold more wieght than others and I can see an easy 30-50 lbs hanging off most sleds. The Cats less than others and the Alpha is just awesome at shedding snow.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
My Alpha is the only sled I have ever owned that I can fairly easily lift the rear of the sled up and out of a trench by myself when stuck. I won’t even try it on my 175 Doo and it takes 3 to make it EASY. Snow is packed in the track between the rails and on top of the tunnel around my bag and removeable snow flap on that Doo. I also took pics on my phone of my riding buddies with there tracks filled with snow and my Alpha just clean as heck. I’d post them if i cared lol.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Loaded up in the truck. Scratchers put that snow where it is on the rail.
958d24c34a96e3395128b3e6e85b8316.jpg

Legends ZX2 SR

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
I had my 17 Mtn Cat and my buddy's 15 XM on the trailer in the garage after a deep day. I started knocking off ice and snow and taking it out in shovel fulls, easy 5 lbs a piece. I managed to get one shovel off the Cat, over a dozen to get the snow and ice off the Doo. The full skid plate on those is a huge holder of snow, the rear cooler build up the other. There was an easy 50-60 lbs of snow and ice on that machine.

Some definately hold more wieght than others and I can see an easy 30-50 lbs hanging off most sleds. The Cats less than others and the Alpha is just awesome at shedding snow.

I believe this for sure, my XM would weigh ALOT more in the rear on a deep day. When I would go to lift it I couldn't believe how much more heavy it was. Would also cause it to trench more too.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alpha Weight Loss

If you do our SSI titanium muffler its 17 lbs less.
Our SSI pipe mod pipe is 4 lbs less.
Our BDX Promax Cold Air intake Hood 9 lbs less
BDX magnesium chaincase cover and light oil tank, 2 lbs

That's a little over 30 lbs pretty easy. Plus more power.

The belt drive kits drop about 6 lbs. We carry the Specialty Motorsports kits, formally C3.

Order now with our spring pricing and save an additional 10% off!!

Use code BDXSPRING2019 at checkout

go to www.BD-XTREME.com

T
Dec 16, 2021
Michigan
Anyone using this seat/tank combo on an Alpha? Wondered how many miles you can get on an average day. Looking at a sled that’s got one on it. I question the claim about saving 15.8# over stock as well. 2 gallons of fuel is a little over 12# savings so maybe they are confusing dry weight with rtr weight.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I have a 19 twin rail I love. It's pretty light, very noticeable jumping from the 19 to the stock 22. Not even the same world jumping on my dumb gen5t
Mtn fit hood
Tki belt
Bdx to can
2cool vents
Ripped out foam
Doesn't take much!

Premium Features