• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yeti ski on mototrax spindle?

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Does a yeti ski fit the newest mototrax spindle? and does it work out? Most agree the mt ski doesnt compare to the yeti, but will the spindle handle the force the yeti ski can deliver. Flex??

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
Chum,

I would recommend against it. I have the MT spindle on a MT ski and get noticeably more flex than any of the other kits in my group. With the Yeti ski being wider, and in most peoples opinion more aggressive, I would think the flex would be unacceptable.

In dry powder, it might not be noticeable, but on a trail or spring snow it feels like riding a dirt bike with a flat front tire.

The "fork saver" is a great idea, but I think some additional stabilization is needed.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I tried the Mototrax spindle on my 16 timbersled kit. Washed out like crazy in the powder. I still have it and id sell it cheap if you want to try it. It’s blue. Mototrax came out with some kinda stiffener for it i think but i wasted enough ride time with it.

E
Dec 19, 2007
Get the mtx spindle update kit for 69 bucks and a couple new bushings for where the ski bolt goes through to keep it tight.
The yeti ski will work as good as it does on any other spindle. If you haven't got a yeti ski yet I would save your money or get a Ts ski instead. The yeti only works good in January pow and road riding.
It has ruined many a ride for me in mixed spring pow conditions.

With the spindle updates the mtx ski works way better than the yeti in certain conditions. You might not hate it so much.
I put mtx spindles on both my bikes and the ts is for sale in the classifieds if you want it.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
If youre looking to buy a Yeti ski, keep in mind it has changes for 2018, to make it not so grabby in crusty snow. I dont know if it helped, I dont ride one

Premium Features