• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

570 and rekluse??

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
High engagement will be easier on your plates because it locks up sooner… for a snowbike I think it is the way to go to get the most pop.

Ted baycroft

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2013
Lockout/ recluse

I have a 570 and IMO its a game changer. I'm going to run it with a KMS Turbo this year. Kelly at KMS is a wizard. He has developed a lockout and other tranny gadgets that will not only eliminate transmission concerns with big HP, but make the bike much more user friendly. Super Knowledgeable, friendly and helpful guy.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Hey 570 guys.

A buddy of mine just picked up a really nice FE 570 Berg. It will be mated to a 2013 LT kit. By in large it should be the same as my KTM 450/520 set up and install wise. In all likelihood it will fall on me to build the bike so while there was a bit of a 570 thread going I thought I would just see if there is anything I need to know about the 570 to help make his set up trouble free and maximize performance. What is the magic gearing combo for this bike for example and air intake, what works etc etc.

Thanks for any assistance.

M5

steve250f@hotmail.com

Premium Member
Mar 20, 2008
Fort mcmurray ab
570 St

I did the 570 kit last year with the recluse ,had to go to 9 tungsten balls in the clutch to get to stop slipping tried 6 not enough once I went to 9 it was great no more problems going long track this year so may have add more but we'll see

C
Jun 27, 2014
I never messed with a rekluse, looking for what works and dosnt work. I bought a used one for cheap. What friction plates work the best? And this is on a ktm too. I have a fully modded motor. So hoping to have some good replies. Thanks guys

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I have ,every other slot with a tungsten ball ,then I need a center spring from a semi truck to get the engagement up, wish I had the core, instead even though I have been using the Z start since its inseption, I thought I could dial it in but the 570 with the factory race ECM might be just to much with the LT , JMO though, don't know till you try,

Last edited:
C
Jun 27, 2014
I have the z start, six tungsten came with it and a big bag of other balls. Have three springs. Low med high. I'm a couple weeks out on instal, motor is tore down taking the crank to get welded.

Ted baycroft

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2013
If your looking for ultimate durability you need to consider Recluse 3.0 with lockout. Its a bullet proof combination. I started last year on a stock 570 FE with a Recluse Z start and couldn't get it to stop chattering. I went to 3.0 core with more HP and haven't experienced any problems. Couple with a lockout, all concerns and problems are gone.

Premium Features