• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mod 670

B
Feb 23, 2014
I'm building a mountain mod with a 1995 mach 1 670 engine in my zx chassi. I know many people have done this before me and my sled currently has a 583 I put in it! I am trying to figure out exhaust for it and I'm running into trouble. I have usually available to me the original twin pipes off of the Mach and a center dump pipe off of formula Z 670. Has anyone on here ever put mach twin pipes on a ZX chassis before? (I can't find a good way they would fit under the hood without HEAVY modifications) my other question is if I do a single pipe, am I better off with a center dump or end dump for what I'm going?

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Triples with triple pipes used to be a popular conversion into the zx. One of the pipes used to lay down in the belly pan and the other two went over that one. The plug wires will be into the bottom of the headlights when your done. Its pretty straight forward.

B
Feb 23, 2014
Triples with triple pipes used to be a popular conversion into the zx. One of the pipes used to lay down in the belly pan and the other two went over that one. The plug wires will be into the bottom of the headlights when your done. Its pretty straight forward.

were the triple pipes completely custom? I don't see how the twin pipes could begin to fit without heavy mods to them.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Crank Shop and Jaws and I think CPI and some others used to make those pipes in "production" form. They were more money than their standard triple pipes, but not what I would call custom.

Premium Features