• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 Summit 700 Olympic Edition Info?

A
Dec 16, 2013
Thinking of picking one up from a friend, has been well maintained and in my opinion is set up fairly well to start:

Rebuildable shocks
V-Force 3 reeds (Boyesens & stock with it)
HPG can (stock with it)
Aluminum trailing arms (extra shaft and stock with it)
TEAM secondary clutch
EGTs
Boost Bottle (with it, not installed)
Boss seat (original with it)
Geared to match with clutching
Small Bar Riser (will need larger for sure)
New drive and jack shaft bearings installed ~ 1700 miles when top-end was rebuilt

Wondering what, other than color scheme, did the Olympic have that a standard Summit did not?

Also wondering if the Olympic had the X features; wider boards and factory drop and roll chain case?

Any input would be appreciated.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
All 2002 Summits had the wider boards and the rolled case (10mm) and the set back skid. That is not an "X" package thing.

My boys "X" has the Olympic sticker on the hood, but my non-X doesn't have it.
I have never even heard mention in all these yrs about an "Olympic" anything. I think that is just an advertising sticker. ???

The X had the HPG shocks, but AFAIK that is the only diff between an X and a non-X. I have no clue about any color scheme thing that you mention. ???

A
Dec 16, 2013
I may be wrong but my understanding is that the Olympic edition was a limited production of the 700 Summit for the '02 Salt Lake Olympics in a special orange and yellow color scheme, similar to the orange and black scheme in '03. I just wasnt certain if there was more to them than the colors like if they were the ZX-X chassis or if they were still the standard ZX chassis.

I dont know if all Summits in '02 had the wider boards and factory D&R that came with the ZX-X chassis. Looking at the Doo site under previous models, looking through each '02 model Summit, the Fan and the Sport do not get the ZX-X, just the X models and the Highmark do.
http://www.ski-doo.com/Archives/english/archives_2002/default.htm

Then in '03, all the Summit models except the Fan got the ZX-X.
http://www.ski-doo.com/Archives/archives_2003/999_back_fset_e.htm

At least thats how I read the info they give.

I cant find any info on the Doo site referencing the Olympic edition so I thought I would ask here.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Is your boys a 600 or 700? I thought the 600 wre black and 700 were the yellow/orange. I could be wrong tho.

800 and black

I dont know if all Summits in '02 had the wider boards and factory D&R that came with the ZX-X chassis. Looking at the Doo site under previous models, looking through each '02 model Summit, the Fan and the Sport do not get the ZX-X, just the X models and the Highmark do.

Well I have to say that I don't know 100% about the fan cooled models. Those weren't exactly on my radar.

Premium Features