• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's the story with spirit lake Polaris?

B

bdubs

Nov 26, 2007
Cruised through town this morning, hadn't been there in forever and SlP lot was damn near empty and a for sale sign was up.... Did it close?

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
Is far is I know they are doing fine, I picked up a 2010 600 RMk 2 weeks ago for the GF, The lot looks empty because they keep all there new Sleds and ATV's across the street behind the car wash. When I picked up our 600 they had a delivery of 11 2011 sleds, and the place was packed for ATV rentals. But who knows?

B

bdubs

Nov 26, 2007
I had seen the new stuff over at the car wash... Guess I will give Alan a call. Thanks!

95xcr

Feb 22, 2010
I was there in late July and rented a couple ATV, talked to Don about the upcoming snowmobile season, hope all is well and they dont close the doors, good people, always treat me good on the rentals.

95xcr

Feb 22, 2010
Any info about what is going on at the shop, we were going to come out in January to rent sleds, we may have to find another place to rent from if they close. Where is another place in Grand Lake that rents sled. Thank's for the help.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
I stopped by the shop today and Talked with Don Neumann, So here's the deal with the shop to clarify.

~The shop is not closing, The car wash 1 block away is for sale! The advertising sign for the car wash happens to be on the corner of Spirit lake's lot.

~As far as the inventory, The guys from Spirit lake have had a record sales year for ATV's and side by side's. They have sold every unit they had plus there rental fleet. They have nothing to sell except for a few 2010 left over Dragon's and assault's till the 2011's get here in a few weeks. The parts department also has 16 box's of 2011 Klim gear, goggles, gloves, shovels and other gear coming in daily.

All customer are now being asked to pick up there atv's or sled with in 7 days of completed repair work, Spirit Lake does not want broken sleds or ATV's sitting around the shop for months like in years past.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
We are expecting a call from them shortly on our snowchecked sled, which shipped last week! Good job Polaris! They delivered on their promise for delivery!

Are you Kidding me??

I got my shipping email from from Polaris over a month ago :face-icon-small-dis Polaris was nice enough to ship Spirit lake 4 red non snowchecked sleds tho!

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
I'm hearing that my friend (probably should not disclose name just yet) is buying the place. Suppose to close the deal at the end of this month. Best of luck buddy!

It's no big secret, your buddy Woody's buying the place? Well atlest not up here.

muskiedoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2008
www.icemansmuskieguideservice.com
Yea. Sorry Tec. I was not trying to make it a secret or anything. Just waiting to release my friends name when the deal was done that's all. Grand Lake area is not that big. I'm sure the word has traveled around locally. I was just implying that there will be a new owner, however, things can and do happen before and during realestate closings ya know. That's why I choose not to mention names. Being cautious I guess. Peace and safe riding!

Mike:beer;

95xcr

Feb 22, 2010
Just wondering is this the same Woody that ran a snowmobile guide business in Winter Park last year.

Premium Features