• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FOURCAST II

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
No Fourcast Sequel

Sorry everyone, there will not be a sequel to Fourcast. There is no support in the snowmobile game for this type of media and the Film only made back %10 of what it cost. Manufacturers won't support it, distributors only want film brand names. Unfortunately this industry doesn't allow new good products to rise up. I had a discussion with my Canadian distributor the other day and they told that they don't care if the film is garbage, they just need it released early- Unfortunately it took a huge amount of work to produce Fourcast, so there is no place for product like that in the "extreme" sport industry. (Hard work, expensive and self financed = No support, No distribution) I've had way too many people tell me to go F-myself for trying to help keep this sport afloat.... Frankly, its time to take their advice. I ranted enough about my frustration in the General Snowmobiling - Is the snowmobile industry going into terminal decline?- post. :boom:

If you enjoyed Fourcast, I suggest you check out Slednecks 13, Kalle Johansson's feature is ridiculous. Probably the best riding ever captured, I guarantee it will blow you guys away!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OR5F9rwOc_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Disappointed

Jorli:

Well...i for one, am terribly disappointed that you are not making another one. But from the business perspective, i do understand completely. This DVD (last years) was the most incredible snowmobiling movie i have ever watched! The photography was breathtaking...to say the least! The Chris Burandt section was outstanding as well. You have set the bar very high!!

If anyone has not purchased a copy of this DVD yet....you gotta get one and be prepared to be impressed!

If the situation ever works out for you to do another one....i will be a loyal customer :)

Cheers!

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I have bought sled videos since Powder Bound and I have a lot of videos. I went to the Edmonton Snowshow last year and this young guy asks me if I would like a video called Fourcast. I snapped it up right away because I saw a teaser of it previously and today it is by far the best video I own. Quality and hard work goes a long way in my opinion... I dont care when it gets released. Jorli could make any sport look truly amazing. Its really too bad the lack of support, because this guy has talent that more people need to see.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Sorry everyone, there will not be a sequel to Fourcast. There is no support in the snowmobile game for this type of media and the Film only made back %10 of what it cost. Manufacturers won't support it, distributors only want film brand names. Unfortunately this industry doesn't allow new good products to rise up. I had a discussion with my Canadian distributor the other day and they told that they don't care if the film is garbage, they just need it released early- Unfortunately it took a huge amount of work to produce Fourcast, so there is no place for product like that in the "extreme" sport industry. (Hard work, expensive and self financed = No support, No distribution) I've had way too many people tell me to go F-myself for trying to help keep this sport afloat.... Frankly, its time to take their advice. I ranted enough about my frustration in the General Snowmobiling - Is the snowmobile industry going into terminal decline?- post. :boom:

If you enjoyed Fourcast, I suggest you check out Slednecks 13, Kalle Johansson's feature is ridiculous. Probably the best riding ever captured, I guarantee it will blow you guys away!

I watched SN 13 yesterday and I said to my buddy I bet this Kalle Johansson section was done by Jorli who made Forecast and at the end of the video I saw his name in the credits. It looked very similar to your stuff... so was it your work ?

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
My buddy Brandon (Alpine motor sports in Salmon Arm) tells me to pick up this movie called fourcast last year. Says he's in the movie, so of course I buy it. I am watching and wondering when he is going to make an appearance and then I see him wrenching on the big yammy in the shop. It was funny, he WAS in the movie I guess:) As I was watching this movie I was saying one thing to myself, "this is the Warren Miller of sled movies"! I'm not sure how the sled movie awards work but if Thunderstruck won it last year then it was grossly undeserved. Your cinematography is second to none and definitely ahead of it's time. As I was watching SN13 I thought they were trying to reproduce your style of shooting and then I saw your name in the credits and noticed it on the box and then it all made sense. You've got another loyal customer here dude!!

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I saw it last year at a local showing of sled films, at the end of the night it was the one that stood out the most as the best. I just ordered a copy today. Looks like SN13 will be added to the list.

Thank you.

Premium Features