• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 Summit Shock Swap with 2001

J
Dec 7, 2013
I have a 2002 Summit 700, and I need to replace the front left shock. I have a spare shock off of a 2001 Summit but the spring or coil around it has 6 coils, vs the 2002 has 10 coils.

Will it work, or can I swap the coil/spring that goes around it?

jheitzman

Lifetime Membership
Jun 18, 2011
Milltown, SD
If they're both hpg shocks with the same full extended length and IF the threads around the shock barrel are in the same place then they should work. :) good luck.

Josh

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
You need to flip the upper shock mount over.
I think it's the same part, but just mounted long or short.

You'll see when you look at it.

EDIT:

I guess not....

I just looked at a '99 600 out here with the shorter shocks on it, and those mounts are on the same as all the others.

I looked at the fiche for an '02 380 and it is the same as well.

Looks like the difference is that the older models set lower to the snow is all.
I could'a swore that I had either seen them flipped on the fiche, or heard it done that way before. ???

Now it could be that someone flipped the upper mount over to get away with running a short shock on a longer sled. ???

If you replace both shocks - it should be plug and play - and just yield you a taller front end.
May consider letting your strap out further on the front of your rear suspension to match up better and take some ski pressure off.

Last edited:
Premium Features