• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Suggestion for points system

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Suggestion for improving points system

Christopher,

I have a suggestion for improving the points system. Since this is a snomobile forum, why not limit the post count to sections involving snomobiling. There's no reason to include Fouled Plug, Political Zone, Warming Hut, or even Swapmeet posts in the counts or in the rankings. These posts provide no content worthy of increasing a user's experience regarding our sport, and therefore shouldn't be included in their experience points. I know that Vbulletin has this capability, since other forums I frequent have similar limitations to post counts.

Whaddya think?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Christopher,

I have a suggestion for improving the points system. Since this is a snomobile forum, why not limit the post count to sections involving snomobiling. There's no reason to include Fouled Plug, Political Zone, Warming Hut, or even Swapmeet posts in the counts or in the rankings. These posts provide no content worthy of increasing a user's experience regarding our sport, and therefore shouldn't be included in their experience points. I know that Vbulletin has this capability, since other forums I frequent have similar limitations to post counts.

Whaddya think?

If you think nothing Snowmobile related happens in these sections...you are missing out.

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
If you think nothing Snowmobile related happens in these sections...you are missing out.

X'2 Us degenerate's in the trash have a pretty good bond, we talk about all things down there.

Does the point thingy matter to you? Do you feel you won't have any "streetcred" if you don't have it? If someone make a good point, it doesn't mater if he's level 1 or 101. Hell we got mods on here that have only been here a month. Get rid of the points, by now I'm sure Christopher has figured out we might abuse the rep, point, thanks and anything else he gives us, it will stop, make that slow down when the snow flies.

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
I think having rep points for the swapmeet are important! It should help the people trying to sell and buy. If you see someone that has good rep??? (if it's not abused) will make the customer more comfortable on what they are looking to buy. I sell a lot on here and to have points or rep or whatever to show people that I have been honest and repterable is worth it to me. I believe this would be benifical.
What I do HATE is the Shout Box.. GAY as Hell. I really hate having to scroll over it and get stuck on it. Pain in the azz.
I do think you will get it figured out and continue on making the site better.
Thanks
DC

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
The new "rainbow rep" is retarded. How 'bout just get rid of it. Have a rating system in Swap Meet only that a mod has to approve of before you can rate someone.:confused:

x2, look I thanked you, do you feel better knowing that I clicked the thank you button for your post?:rolleyes:

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
I say who cares.

I shut it off the first day along with the annoying shoutbox.

In the user cp under options.

2 cheers for the admin who set it up so we can shut it off!

K

kssnow987

Dec 4, 2007
Arlington, WA
I say who cares.

I shut it off the first day along with the annoying shoutbox.

In the user cp under options.

2 cheers for the admin who set it up so we can shut it off!

Thanks for the help, didn't know I could shut them off. I can already feel the gayness slipping from my body. No more rainbow graph for me.:D:beer;

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
turn the shout box off in you user cp

Yup figured that out as soon as I posted that!! It's still Gay..
I will give props to christopher for taking the constructive criticism! and continuing on working out the kinks.. Good luck:beer;

Premium Features