• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

if your a proud free basic member post up!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I guess this is the beginning of the end. Anyone new to the site is not going to pay money when all the other ones are free. So where is everybody migrating to? We could just restart all the threads once they got to 20 for all us free users.
You would be quite amazed at the number of brand new members who have never had an account on SnoWest that are signing up for the Premium Membership at the same time they are creating their accounts.

R
Apr 13, 2002
Washington
Christopher had better get a process in place for refunds!! I'm sure people will be lining up for a refund after reading this!!! :face-icon-small-sho LOL!
I think this whole pay thing has been a good cleansing process for this site. Alot of the guys that left (not all) never had anything to add, they were just here to cause trouble and give "rep" to others using the site for the same reason....pathetic. I have noticed alot more sled oriented talk, less politics and disruption in otherwise productive and informative threads.
You get what you pay for.

So the new Snowest that everyone will pay for will be similar to a popular mechanics magazine? Yawn! All the fun has been sucked out of this place and the tech info is drying up too. A little rep whorin' and political talk kept thing going here in the summer. Next summer will be a ghost town. I'll be keeping my $$ to spend on guns or hookers or something else fun.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I look at it like this. Its 2.7 Cents per day for 3 years. This place has saved me more than that the first week I was here anyway.

I dont really see it as a better than you worse than you type of thing. The people that want to pay and stay will, the ones that dont wont and will move on. I dont see any reason why you should be mad at someone for paying or not paying... Thats their choice what difference does it make to anyone besides that person?

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
You would be quite amazed at the number of brand new members who have never had an account on SnoWest that are signing up for the Premium Membership at the same time they are creating their accounts.

Good on ya, but all that old experience you will lose by this. Sorry to say.:face-icon-small-sad Also you dont know what the newbies have to offer? JMHO

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
I am a free basic member prodly. It is my way of showing Christopher that he is #1 in my book. The sad thing is this is post #146 and only the 3 paying members will be able to read it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Good on ya, but all that old experience you will lose by this. Sorry to say.:face-icon-small-sad Also you dont know what the newbies have to offer? JMHO
What we do know is this.

Every single member of SnoWest WAS a newbie at some point in their life.

Every single sledder had their first ride.

Every expert had to get started before they became an expert.

We have faith that we will have a dynamic mixture of members that will bring a broad range of information and insight into SnoWest.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage

good news and bad news...just over 200 new paid members vrs yesterday(73 vrs 276) but 211 less visited today..(3754 yesterday vrs 3543 today)...

S

spook222

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 28, 2008
eastern washington
Hold on, Hold on Guys! I just got through all that crap they made me read before I got in here and christopher says all the rumors and bad image stuff has been laid to rest so don't worry, everything is OK! Besides guys if you give him $30 like all the big kids (and, might I add, the dedicated and loyal kids) you can get your name in DARK BLUE BOLD ITALLICS! Isn't that what all of us were just dying for before christopher came along? My word, if that wasn't the biggest pile of garbage I've read in a long time I don't know what is. I have to listen to Obama tell me all day how he's improving this country and then when I get on Snowest to relax and talk with some friends I get the same treatment. Only so much a man can handle in one day. Read quick, I give this post about 2 minutes:mad:

H
Jan 10, 2009
I haven't been on here much lately, but have been a member for years.....

I guess I will no longer be able to hit the forums, I'm not paying to look at a website, sorry.

Premium Features