• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spark plug wire?

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Does anyone make after market spark plug wires for skidoo? Or is oem ones my only choice?

Nov 13, 2008
I just noticed that both the plug wire connectors on my 09 are broken. You know the part that gives you that satisfying click when you push it on the plug. Anyway I looked up the part on doo's website and their $35 each... OUCH. So here's what I'm doing, I had a couple of good almost new gm ac delco plug wires at work and I'm just gonna use them. They seem to be better quality than doo's wire, almost the same ohms per foot as the stock ones, with I'll guarantee way better rfi suppression. Then I'm gonna throw some heat sleeve I've got laying around on them and call it a day. Long story short, stock wire is 7mm spark plug wire. It is not anything fancy. You should have no problem going to an auto parts store and buy some wire and ends. I just chose to use these factory crimped end wires I had laying around cause I've had no luck crimping plug wires in the past.

Premium Features