• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steering arm loose from factory?

F
Nov 5, 2017
Nevada
Finally got my sled up in the air. Pulled clutches off for balancing, and noticed there was some play in the steering. Closer look I noticed the steering arm is flopping around. I pulled the throttle bodies, and all the components to get to the arm. It's definitely moving around. Have not tried to tighten the bolt up yet, but just letting people know that there may be an issue here

F
Nov 5, 2017
Nevada
The arm itself was too long by about 80 thousandths. The dremell took care of that and it's tight now. There is no more play in the steering. It would be REALLY loose when the paint wears off the arm.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
this must be a cat thing because mine would randomly bind and make steering hard = not fun to ride. i found slop there and tightend the 10mm bolt as much as i could without pulling TBs. seems better. i bet you found better solution tho with the dremel. maybe by '19 theyll get it right.

Premium Features