• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone got their MTNTK Blow Hole yet?

Xgraphite

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Idaho
I pre-ordered a blowhole, received this email a few days ago. I'm waiting for mine.
I was told by Chris at MTNTK last Thursday that most of my earliest customer’s pre-orders were going to ship yesterday Monday the 30th, which did not happen!
They only shipped me 1, when I called them yesterday afternoon and talked to Rob the owner he told me that the shop building them cut the fan tubes incorrectly
and they only received 10 good G4 Blowholes instead of the 250 that they thought they would have available for shipping.

This has been very frustrating and stressful on my part because they tell me updates and I pass along these updates to customers then there is yet another delay,
unfortunately I have no control of any of the process.

I'm at a loss for words; sorry I can't even give you an estimated ship date.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
I got the same thing.

They work so hard to sell you one but do nothing to deliver.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Just buy a ktm rad fan, and install it on the clutch cover down buy the foot hole. My buddy did this 700 km ago and it works awesome, it blows hot air out of the clutches like a blow dryer.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
No I don't have any pictures, it's just a small about 4" dirt bike rad fan that come on some ktm models. He had it on 3 sleds now and it's still going strong.

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
I'll do some tests with a temp gun when I get out. I just can't believe there isnt extensive research from mtntek about results on exact temp decrease on each application, I would think that would be a selling point...sure does blow a lot of air though

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I blew 3 belts on my 2 850's before I installed them on my first 600 miles. Didn't blow another belt after I installed them, which was probably another 350 miles trouble free.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Installed one on my 18 last week. Had problems with the DESS at first. Checked grounds and everything else I could think of. Ended up grinding a little bit off the cone so it didn't touch the belt cover and even added a piece of rubber to the outside of the piece that pop rivets to the belt cover to prevent grounding.

No more error codes and appears to be working as advertised now. It does move a lot of air. Can't wait to actually get out and try it now!

Premium Features