• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Modding 1M seat

C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I know I can't be alone with how redulously low the 1M seats are. Is there any option besides for BOSS and paying someone a crazy amount to put more foam in, heard many pay $300 or more. Is there anything else anyone has done to raise the seat? Like mod a M series seat to work? I honestly do not care about looks at all, I just want a higher seat, and I cannot afford $500+ for a Boss seat, and can't see over $300 to throw some foam in my stock one. I don't have any stock seats avalible to test fit it out, anyone able to help me out?

Last edited:

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Had a guy on here that worked for Yakima Tent and Awning in Wa. that did mine a couple yrs. back. The stock seat was raised higher than the back kickup! Weighed only 6.5 lbs. when finished and looks like it came stock! It was a 200.00 I think shipped.

Mike

F

Flatbed

Dec 17, 2007
Wyoming
Seat

I found some close cell foam, cut it so it would layer up to the seat contour, took it to an upholstery shop in town, told them to lay a piece of material over the layers and staple it. It looks tacky as hell, raised the seat up four inches, and is really comfortable. Only cost me 50.00. I liked it so much, tacky and all, that I took my wedge seat to them and my M7 seat and had all of them raised up the same way.

Last edited:

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
local upholstery shop did 3 buddy's seat all up 3" or so for 250 and looks good and will out last my boss bean bag seat for half the $
Fisher Upholstery 661 E Beacon Light Eagle, ID 83616 ID 83616 (208) 939-6513

Last edited:
C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
local upholstery shop did 3 buddy's seat all up 3" or so for 250 and looks good and will out last my boss bean bag seat for half the $
Fisher Upholstery 661 E Beacon Light Eagle, ID 83616 ID 83616 (208) 939-6513

Yea that is pretty good, but i've looked into it here and a place that's done many wants $300 for ONE seat. My seat isn't really perfect shape so it's not worth droping $300 into it.

I am really considering getting a stock M seat and trying to mod the front to fit somewhat decent with the gas tank. Has anyone done this? Any problems they ran into? Or even how much higher that seat would sit on my sled? I mean I could get a good M stock seat for $100 and some time, and they have better storage then mine to.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Ride026.jpg

I went to a local shop that does boat interior and bought 2 pieces of foam. they were like 22x16x4 I think that was my biggest expense. It was around $20 for the foam. I also bought a can of 3m spray glue. Went to wal mart and bought a 9 dollar electric turkey carving knife. Glue the pieces together so i had a chunk that was 22x16x8 and started carving. Then i had my mother take the stock cover and pick out the seam of the center piece and replace it with a different piece.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
That looks really good, and a lot higher. Is it a lot more comfortable now? That is exactly what I want. I'm not worried about the foam part, just putting a new cover on, i'm not much of a fabric person.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
What i have learned from doing that seat is that you need foam that is a LOT stiffer then you would think. The foam in this seat has broken down over the 2 years i have been riding it and needs to be redone.

M

Mountain Assault Seats

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 25, 2009
Draper, Utah
www.wr-products.com
Mountain ASSAULT Seat Plus III Arctic Cat 1M/M-Series

Arctic Cat riders, WRP will have a 3-4" taller production seat solution for the Arctic Cat 1M/King Cat, as well as the M-Series in about 30 days. Foam tooling is just being built from hard models this week.

Our Mountain ASSAULT Seats feature a raised freestyle look. The foam and cover are attached to a molded plastic (TPO) base pan which is attached to a laser cut raised powder coated aluminum frame/chassis which allows for an optional storage bag that is placed under the frame and seat. (Similar to the Polaris Dragon, but more radical)

As with our existing seat models, our premium covers are made with no-slip saddles, carbon fiber sides, and hammered metal color accent panels with ultra-high stitch count embroidery.

In addition, we are exploring the possibility of offering a fuel cell that fits that under seat space as well. Kind of a modular approach depending on riders needs.

Pictures will follow in a couple of weeks. Should have demo sleds rigged and available for review at the Boondockers 6 premier at Brewvies, SLC on the 24th of September, and then again at the Intermountain Snow Show in October.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
MAS
Can we on the 1M's have the seat extend up the gas tank in the front? And is the rear going to use the quick release pins that are installed? Would be nice to have both worlds, Or even move the quick release pins forward for a shorter lighter seat? I hate to drill unnecessary holes to install snaps! On the front of the seat I mean just a pad that extends up the tank with a nice radius down below that follows the contours of the tank, Meaning nice, Beyond factory fit. This could be a nice modern look for these sleds!

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
Ride026.jpg

I went to a local shop that does boat interior and bought 2 pieces of foam. they were like 22x16x4 I think that was my biggest expense. It was around $20 for the foam. I also bought a can of 3m spray glue. Went to wal mart and bought a 9 dollar electric turkey carving knife. Glue the pieces together so i had a chunk that was 22x16x8 and started carving. Then i had my mother take the stock cover and pick out the seam of the center piece and replace it with a different piece.

You did a good job on the seat rixter.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
MAS,,, I'm with 1Mike 900 what about a quad style quick release system? Up to the gas filler cap would be good right?

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I really wish that someone would realize that there is a huge market for economically price snowmobile seats. I'm talking $200-$250. It's just foam, some fabric and a plastic pan. Nice aftermarket seats for dirt bikes can be had from $80-100, so why so much for sled seats. I'd like a seat with stiff foam and rubber grip cover, like on my bike.

Think the new M-series hardparts seat could fit our 1m's? they are reasonable at $299.

Premium Features