• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boss Cat Build

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
Even in the fluff of December and January it did great. I didnt have any problems, but as an extra procaution I have SLP filter fabric over my intake. Its decieving, the mesh is really coarse; however, it performed well.

I did one myself this spring but didn't have a chance to ride it in the fluff
P1010393-1.jpg

0411091445.jpg

0411091632.jpg

0411091751.jpg

Not as strong as yours but only 6.5 lbs with light and tack

U

untouchable

Nov 27, 2007
Neihart, Montana
She turned out nice FoMoCo! That will help alot with cooling the twins. Looks like the same material I used, you shouldnt have any problems. 6.5 pounds is dam good! thats almost down to lexan hood weight, and yet still rigid.

Im kind of wishing I had put a tach on like you did. That UDX is fricken nice (which it should be for $1,200 new), but I am leary about it getting shredded in a tree or ripped off in a rollover. I guess I could put a "roll bar" over to help protect it. Hmmmm

Did you ever do that rear bumper like you were talkin?

I like it, good work Shane.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
i have the tunnel end pieces in hand and looking at it right now.
the hood holds up good in the tree (pet screen) but not so good on a spring rollover but just take it out back and use a rubber mallet and pound it strait.

bowerman61028

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Bend, OR
Sweet Build!
I know it is a small part of it, but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out where to mount my handguards on my stock bars. Just wondering how you did it and if you wouldn't mind posting a picture of how you mounted them.

U

untouchable

Nov 27, 2007
Neihart, Montana
Thanks for all the compliments, I appreciate it.

So the $100 question.... should I stick with the sled I built or sell her and get a newer M ? opinions.....

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Thanks for all the compliments, I appreciate it.

So the $100 question.... should I stick with the sled I built or sell her and get a newer M ? opinions.....

Newer M, I was where you were with my last sled and I never regretted going to the newer chassis.

Are you still doing tech stuff for the races in Great Falls? If so let me know, I need a little guidance. I don't want to haul all of our crap to Great Falls only to find out it won't make it though Tech. Thanks

Joe

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I would stick with the "Poor little kitty" If it is a sled make it a '10 M8, Should be more comparable power wise? But an '09 will do if it is a TM8! I would try to keep the ol'e girl as a backup? "Built like a brick tit house"

Remember, The M series is like a bellybutton!
Mike

U

untouchable

Nov 27, 2007
Neihart, Montana
Newer M, I was where you were with my last sled and I never regretted going to the newer chassis.

Are you still doing tech stuff for the races in Great Falls? If so let me know, I need a little guidance. I don't want to haul all of our crap to Great Falls only to find out it won't make it though Tech. Thanks

Joe

Joe,

I made it down to school last weekend so give me a call and ill run out to your shop to take a look at your sled and answer any questions I can. What class are you running in ?

Doug 868-9335

Premium Features