• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo LinQ Adventure Bag

titaniumbadger

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Pocatello, ID
Thought I would try this one. Picked it up at the shop today, didn't realize it was for the Gen 4. I can get to fit on my XM, but you have to kind of force it down and it touches the back of the tank. It would probably work ok, but I think I'm going to bring it back and go a different route. I see in the catalog they recommend the LinQ shim kit, which adds another $100 to the cost. Figured I would post this in case anyone was eyeballing one.

titaniumbadger

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Pocatello, ID
Fixed it

OK, I rethought this and decided to make it work. I made some shims out of 3/4" HMPE. Cut it into pucks about 4" x 2", drilled some holes, bought some longer 6mm bolts and put it together. I used a heat gun to reshape the front a little to clear the back of the gas tank, doesn't touch now. Cost about $20, works great. Now there is an air gap below the bag, so it should help keep things drier and allow the heat exchanger to do its job as well.

titaniumbadger

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Pocatello, ID
Pics

y4mIT3YJ5hh_LXpxiAuezDYtaSLSkCq2sPIdwBikiWCu2-_1BsU8Y8PAIWo_CKiBnCFBORtF7IYf0gXQHw2xMIeYEsmYzqIqtuRSc08CDTYRNFWCEBv_im62lkRS08TUWx0bqXdXEEzPsAsjeb-Wgg4s12dd6YtruwvROKQ6LSW7-nVn8xiAWAfE3kQj3Qs0GQMF7QCHkzIfV_mKsgstxNhwg

Last edited:
Premium Features