• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T motion vs toms evolution air or upgrade to toms E motion

jhubs

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Seeing if anyone has any experience with the toms original evolution air vs t motion on a 2014 summit 163. Had the toms evo air on my 2009 with a 162x3" track and really liked it. Trying to see if it is worth swapping over the toms evo air or running the 3" track with the t motion. Also considering upgrading to toms e motion rear arm if toms is the answer

trenchking

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Got the full Tom's setup on my 15 174" love it! Does take some testing with air pressure in shocks to get it right,

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
I am running Tom's E-Motion on my 2015 XM 163-3" and love it as well. Takes some tuning to get it dialed in but once it is........man is it nice. I have Float 3 Evol QS3-R on the front and they have worked excellent as well.

I really like the QS3 ( Quick Switch ) which allows you to go from soft / medium / firm with the easy flick of a switch. Set it up hard to bang bumps on the trail in and out.......then back it off for the back country riding. Pretty damn slick.

Tom's was good about recommending some initial settings and then I got some help from Duncan Lee out of Tahoe for settings ( the shocks have a lot of adjustability ) and that got me right on the mark.

I keep a little cheat sheet with me and a pump for making changes depending on the snow. Honestly though I don't have to use it / change things very often. Not a cheap setup by any means but night and day vs. stock.

Dave

jhubs

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Awesome info. Thanks. I think toms e motion upgrade is the option!

G
Jan 29, 2009
Glenwood Springs, CO
I've had a lot of problems with the Tom's e-motion. Last year broke several parts. Was down for while because they either didn't have a part or they sent me the wrong parts. Then they upgraded me to the new parts which for some reason blow the shock up in two rides.
I tried to get ahold of Tom's a couple times at the beginning of this season to get it running again. Only to be told Tom will have to call me back. He never did, 3-times. I desperately need to go back to stock. Its a way more reliable system.

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
Good luck getting the E-motion kit from Tom's Snowmobile. I was on "a list" to get one for almost 2 months. Gave up last week. They did call me back about a manufacturer's back order issue for the rear arm. I'll stick with the stock set-up.

Premium Features