• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spindles - How to remove?

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
I need to get my spindles off to the powder coater. All the nuts came off without a problem. Tie rods removed. I can't get the upper and lower a-arm bolts freed from the spindle to save my life. I've pounded the spindle trying to free whatever press-fit they have - no luck. Any words of wisdom for a new Doo rider? Also, are the bushings pressed in on the ski end removable? Thanks!

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I put the nut back on the upper/lower ball joint loosely and smack the nut end with a 2# hammer. You can put a block of wood in between to prevent damage. Takes a few smacks but should come. It has a taper fit on the ball joint into the spindle.

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
As die hard said, just pulled a pair off, would recommend a different nut as to not damage the stock black nut, can pull the top loose without lifting sled, lift sled for bottom ball joint, few good taps and off they come

S
Oct 6, 2009
Put a block of hardwood under nut and against spindle. Back off nut and the pressure will pop em’. If you have ratcheting box wrench put on nut before you set block of wood and it’s a breeze.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Thanks guys. Just wasn't hitting them hard enough! Found that hitting up on a nut placed on the upper a-arm bolt and then down on the top of the spindle (with a plastic hammer) to release the lower bolt did the job. Off they go to do away with the yellow!

Premium Features