• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pics of water to snow heat exchanger?

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Does anyone have pics of their TSS water to snow heat exchanger on their XM(mounting,hose routing)? Possibly something you've fab'd yourself.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Thanks for the pics... but...

I do understand the whole concept. What I'm curious to know is what kind of heat exchanger the TSS kit was using(size and exact placement). I heard it was under/near the skid pan or bulkhead? I think I'll be doing something like TWARD on his XP. I just want to be able to put the sled back to stock without a bunch of holes in the tunnel. Thanks, Ben.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
How did/does the Instaboost kit run? I heard they run like ch!t!

It has been good. It spools fast and have consistent power. This sled is at 10 psi @ sealevel, so it has some serious power. Not pumpgas. Mixing fuel.

The kit has pherhaps 4000km on it now. Afther the first season it was moved onto a 146" summit where it is as pr today.

Alot of people think that the senter mount of the turbo is so radical and wont work. But they overlook the fact that when they install a turbo on a pipe with internal stinger, it is mostly the same effect of it.
Ski-doo and cat use internal stingers now, so whenever a turbo is attached without removing the internal stinger, you pick up the energy from the senter of the pipe.

Premium Features