• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

can I use two different brand a-arms

S
Jul 8, 2015
the glue holding my lower right a-arm on my 2013 Polaris pro rmk 600 has fallen apart and now my arm is broken. I have read that re-gluing the a-arm and drilling a pin through it is only temporary. Can I use my left stock a-arm and a right spi a-arm at the same time???

pro rmk a-arm.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
the glue holding my lower right a-arm on my 2013 Polaris pro rmk 600 has fallen apart and now my arm is broken. I have read that re-gluing the a-arm and drilling a pin through it is only temporary. Can I use my left stock a-arm and a right spi a-arm at the same time???

Yep

Glue and bolt the stocker for spare.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Yes, but you'll have to put anti-rejection medication in the fuel tank.

My father has a '13 and he glued and bolted the joint together, both sides. That was probably 3k miles ago. Still going strong...

S
Jul 8, 2015
Yes, but you'll have to put anti-rejection medication in the fuel tank.

My father has a '13 and he glued and bolted the joint together, both sides. That was probably 3k miles ago. Still going strong...

did he take the a-arm off and reglue it, or did he just do it on the sled, and where did he drill the hole for the bolt?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
did he take the a-arm off and reglue it, or did he just do it on the sled, and where did he drill the hole for the bolt?

I just got a response back from him. I forgot that he had one come completely apart, after jumping a creek. We lost a good couple of hours just trying to put it together enough to ride it out. We bought a new arm from the dealer that same day, because we were riding the next day. He pinned both a-arms the following week, but both were still intact. I suspect you could use an epoxy and glue it back together, then pin it.

His response: "Sine both of my PRO A arms were in tact when I modified them, I only pinned the front side of the arms. That's the only side that really can pull out. I just drilled a 3/16" hole horizontally thru the strut casting and A arm tube and placed in a 3/16 X 1 1/2 stainless steel bolt with a nylock nut. Now, if he already had the strut pull apart, it might be a bit more tricky. It is possible, then, that the back A arm may have separated?? If the whole thing is not so damaged as to be able to press it back together, then both front and back would need pinning and a larger pin (or both horizontal and vertical pins) would be needed as they would be the only things holding the arm together. In my case, I still had the glue holding everything and only needed to strengthen things a bit.

Premium Features