• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skidoo 600 Summit (need clutching set-up)

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I need a solid clutching set-up for a 2007 600 Ski-doo summit. Any advise or ideas? Right now everything is all stock.

It will hold RPMs OK when when pulling a load is applied (pulling a hill) during the initial engagement of full throttle. If you have to back off the thrttoel and get back into it then it cannot typically pull back up to full RPMS 8100.

Any good suggestions for getting my clutches set-up on this sled?

Thank you,
Brent

Last edited:

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
I have a deadly clutch kit for that 600 to convert more to the track.

In technical riding breaking fresh snow, you will gain momentum like a longer track and keep it by ability to quickly increase track speed and hold it harder than stock clutching.

With stock clutching, driving on and off the throttle then get stuck, now the kit will provide the ability to regain more track speed to get through it.
Because of tighter throttle control, you’ll have a longer time at a lower engine speed to make a decision which gives the confidence to go into places you might have before said “nah.

Settings
It is easy to set the flyweight grams in clicker 4 and then the fun part - go test for 8100. It pulls stronnnnnnng!
You will get this.....BANG – 3mph more track speed than stock at full throttle in the deep snow with the stock track and gearing.

Kit parts
160/350 primary spring
Pn kit
218/305 secondary spring
SMT button helix

Example 4500~6500 feet
Set 15.9 grams in clicker 4...hammer down for 8100

Kit price is $290 CDN (estimated $217 USD today) +shipping
https://www.ibackshift.com/article/form-121.asp

info@ibackshift.com

Thanks
joey

attachment.php

SMT_HI_ELEV.jpg

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Hey Joey,

The mighty 600, currently has 19/45 gearing and I'm thinking about running 19/47.

Would that have any significant change to you kit?

How much with out the pin kit? (I already have one in it...)

Thanks,
Brent

Premium Features