• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What options are there for a chain case / belt drive guard plate?

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
What options are out there for a chain case / belt drive guard / skid plate?? I've only seen one which seemed a little high in price at $99. In particular I'm looking for a chain case guard for my 163" 3". Thanks...

Here's a link below to all I was able to find. (MWP Drive Guard, Chrome Moly 2 LBS $99.99) There has to be some other options out there?

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399167&highlight=skid+plate

Last edited:

Rbott

Lifetime Membership
Sep 11, 2012
Vermont
RPM Composites might be working on one soon. I am picking up my SKS this week and they will be taking a look at it.

Link to their Pro Ride skidplate: http://www.rpmcomposites.com/polaris.html

Their AXYS trail sled center piece should fit but they will need to make molds for new sidepieces.

Ryan

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Just got my guard from WRP. Looks like a nice quality piece.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
We used to build and install drive shaft guards ( aluminum triangle from belly plate to bulkhead) to protect the older weaker drive shafts after a drop and roll exposed the shaft more.
It was easy to extend that to protect the chaincase too.

Maybe something the AXYS needs, maybe not.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I ordered mine from WRP, looks like the best external option in plastic w/o going to aluminum. Price was fair $69

http://www.wr-products.com/products/2015-2016-polaris-pro-rmk-axys-belt-drive-guard

7920f64bc28a5d741fc5e68cfa861943.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Spoke to Paul @ FNI- and he is making one for the Axys-
I bought one from him last year for my 15 pro and it is a good piece around $50.00 and it is not plastic-
I have had the plastic dent and rub on my QD and went to metal and problem solved..

That WRP one looks pretty stout though..

S/C

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
I ordered mine from WRP, looks like the best external option in plastic w/o going to aluminum. Price was fair $69

http://www.wr-products.com/products/2015-2016-polaris-pro-rmk-axys-belt-drive-guard

7920f64bc28a5d741fc5e68cfa861943.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Just ordered mine from WRP...

With these chain cases built as a solid piece with the bulkhead I'm thinking a good whack to the bottom of the chaincase area could be a very expensive fix. This guard should be pretty cheap insurance and possibly save some long downtime. Thanks again for the input guys...

Last edited:
D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Or dude-sack, you could back off the beers and quit whacking stumps at 60mph in wide open fields.......

Hardy hardy ha ha ;-) But what fun would that be?

Side note I installed the WRP chain / belt guard, and I have to say it would seem bullet proof. I like the fact that it's made out of plastic vs. metal so when it wacks something like a rock it should be more likely to slide over it vs grabbing and tearing. I don't know, we'll see... Only took about 10 minutes to install. The plastic is pretty think and with it's blunt 90 degree front edge it looked to me like it was ready to catch on things, so I did shave down the front edge of the plastic to about a 45 degree angle so it wouldn't be so prone to catching on anything. Just used a course file on it for a couple minutes till it had a nice angle to it. I really think this is an important addition for the Axys... I took a look at my 13 PRO and the same area in question hardly protrudes down at all compared to the Axys. Just my 2 cents for other Axys owners....

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Hardy hardy ha ha ;-) But what fun would that be?

Side note I installed the WRP chain / belt guard, and I have to say it would seem bullet proof. I like the fact that it's made out of plastic vs. metal so when it wacks something like a rock it should be more likely to slide over it vs grabbing and tearing. I don't know, we'll see... Only took about 10 minutes to install. The plastic is pretty think and with it's blunt 90 degree front edge it looked to me like it was ready to catch on things, so I did shave down the front edge of the plastic to about a 45 degree angle so it wouldn't be so prone to catching on anything. Just used a course file on it for a couple minutes till it had a nice angle to it. I really think this is an important addition for the Axys... I took a look at my 13 PRO and the same area in question hardly protrudes down at all compared to the Axys. Just my 2 cents for other Axys owners....

They listened to you! Just got mine today no more 90 degree corner.

20151120_203856.jpg

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
They listened to you! Just got mine today no more 90 degree corner.

That's funny! They must do what all aftermarket sled bushiness should do... read the forums. Thumbs up to WRP for making that small adjustment to a great product! And it didn't cost them anything. Good deal...

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Then hurry up and make one for the Doo T WRP! I banged mine a couple times yesterday on stuff, and every time I unload from the sled deck.

Premium Features