• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Knock sensor ??

X
Mar 20, 2009
spokane
where is this mystical sensor located? If I disconnect it will the sled still run? I am having lots of issues with my 07 rev with an 09 800R engine. I get engine light, oil light, temp light and battery light and wont rev over 7200. I have checked everything else.

ie swapped the relay for a new one, checked all electical plugs/connections, all vacuum hoses and rave springs are good.

Thinking it is the knock sensor but dont know where it is or anything about it.

Thanks for the help!!!!!

X
Mar 20, 2009
spokane
Thanks I disconnected that wandering if that was the knock sensor but it only made it run worse so I would say your right thats not the issue. Any one have any other ideas???

Thanks

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I don't believe you can disconect it all together. it will probably throw a code. I have heard of people putting a coper washer underneath it to make it less sensative.
Probably best to get it hooked up to a buds or something else to see what all the codes are. Should atleast give you a idea of where to look.

X
Mar 20, 2009
spokane
So it turns out if your clutch is shot it will set off the knock sensor. I was told the clutch had been rebuilt so had not taken it apart. It is messed up bad.

Premium Features