• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Your Summer "Mod" list?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ok fellow Nytro riders, it's now June, and time to start thinking about what we will be doing to our sleds over the summer in hopeful anticipation of another SPECTACULAR winter next year.

Just curious..

What do you have planned for your sled??

I am still working on my list, but at the top will be that new MPI Supercharger I ordered.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I honestly don't have any mods planned for this summer. However this winter when I finally get my sled in my hands again...tether/roll over valve, maybe some better boards...for the most part I just need to play with the clutching and tuning my boost. Oh that reminds me, I might spring for a headshim to be rid of race fuel.

dang it...nothing just turned into 4 or 5 things I still need/want to do. Its never over! haha

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
if i can sell my truck here is my plan. buy a back up sled to use for most of next season, buy new chassis, build up motor and turbo kit. build a new sled top to bottom. goal is to have a sub 525lb sled ready to ride and capable of 400hp, oh ya its gonna be the most expensive fun ever!!!

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
My sled needs to be built in Japan and shipped to me first before I get to mess with it.

Only mods this summer is for me to lose a few lbs.

Last edited:

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Most of my "Mods" will be either maintenance or fixing the stuff I broke during the winter!

Roll over kit--150
Relocator kit--150
gen 3 skis--300'ish
Airframe boards--450
would love to try the new skinz front end but can't justify the cost
replace damaged Power Commander 5--325
replace damaged AAEN header-300
replace HiFax--25
replace bumper-50
replace spindles-?
replace lower A-Arms-?
replace Sub-frame-?
possibly throw a 2010 rear suspension in there if I can find one to fit my budget

That's whats on my list so far... it's all wishful thinking though, I've still got another year of school to pay for!

B

blackhillsnytro

Nov 22, 2008
Spearfish SD
I have a pile of goodies stacked up so far....new skis, a-arms, Ulmers bushings, skid plate, lightweight hood, wrap for side panels and hood, and airframe running boards even though they dont make them for the Apex, going to make them work! New blow off valve, and a handful of maint. stuff, handwarmer elements, grips, header and turbo wrap, bearings and freshen up the chaincase

M

merlin2569

Jan 13, 2008
Clarkfield, MN
Top of my list is my MPI Turbo. Talked to Matt on wednesday and said he would have it shipped with the prologger gauges by the end of the week!! Can't wait to get it put on. Possibly take the tunnel off and get it powdercoated black. If not probably just polish it. Ordered my new sled wrap and can't wait to get that put on. Maybe a new rear skid if i can find a money tree some where!! :face-icon-small-ton And the trailer needs some TLC it got used hard this winter.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Oh, the list is HUUUUGE!! I've been ordering parts for the last 3 years and mailing them to my dad (he jokes that it looks like a parts dealership in my storage building).

Once I get home I'll be putting a CR tunnel gloss black, MPI supercharger, a Boost-It kit from Neil, Timbersled front end with Ulmer bushings, Timbersled rear skid with Ice-age rails, Big-Nutz axle and wheels from OFT, roll over tether from OFT, steering blocks from OFT, Skinz airframe seat, and a bunch of steering/riser stuff from Chad at CR.

I probably forgot something in there, but I am so STOKED to finally be able to properly visit my sled and give her some long waited love.

Oh and I know it's not a Nytro, but the Nytro discrimination has to stop somewhere, and I feel it's now. ; )

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
←snow∞motion→;2735957 said:
Oh and I know it's not a Nytro, but the Nytro discrimination has to stop somewhere, and I feel it's now. ; )

And just what is it your riding??

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
Install all the OFT goodies, new CE 162, and then MCX 240 turbo, selling everthing I can to see if I can get the Skinz front end.:face-icon-small-coo
Forgot,,Trail tank for that thursty Turbo....

Last edited:

Down

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern IA
Summer Mod List

I'm updating to a 162" camo challenger 2.25, 2011 pro mountain air rear (getting rid of the stock '09 skid), avid drivers, turbo protector/plate, and float 2s up front. Might work on the gearing/clutching a little too. Probably go through the turbo and clean up/re-route a few things. Can't wait to tear into it.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I am in the process of a full sled wrap that I am installing myself. Carbon fiber side panels and the rest blue. Not an easy process on a sled.

Powder coat the orange cat skid I installed and upgrade to bignutz axle kit. Skinz front end, rear bumper, air frame boards and work on finally getting the clutching down a little better.

Still have a ride tomorrow before any of this starts though:)

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
I pulled my engine out and scrapped the rest. Building a tube chassis, building a turbo kit, building a front end, new timbersled skid with exit X-1's, new 146x2.5 track, New Avids, 2010 Polaris chain case and drive shaft, and a time consuming process of building a aluminum tank to fit my skinz seat/clear my turbo/accept stock Nytro plastics and have 10+ gallons.

About as it sits now, there is a ton of pics on another forum but I can't post a link :face-icon-small-sad
2011-05-29_12-53-24_190.jpg

Project #2 hopefully work enough to buy a Pro cross High country 800 Cat or a Nytro xtx

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
←snow∞motion→;2735963 said:
An Apex Brother!! Nytro is for the woman. :face-icon-small-win
Ahh, I see, and here all this time I have been mislead thinking the Apex was the sled of choice for the Ladies!:face-icon-small-hap

I was expecting you to say you were riding some other brand!
As long as it's a Yamaha, its all good!!

Premium Features