• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bogging and gauge turns offs 900 rmk

Y
Feb 14, 2011
hey i have 05 900 rmk 151 went for a quick ride when i started it up the gauge keeps turning on and of till she warm went to go ride and it bogs under throttle then takes off if you feather it steady throttle input results in spiking or rpms back fired once but runs smooth on idle pulls hard when it does go
plugs are new. it does have older gas in it has anyone come across this befor
any help would be great.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
What RPM are you idling at? If your idle is to low it will do exactly what you are describing.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
that sounds about right for the idle. The next thing I would check is for shorts or melted wires near your pipe. The flashing gauges could indicate a short somewhere or other electrical issues with the stator or electrical system.

Have you ever added any Isoheat in your tank? Water in fuel will also produce the bogging, but would not cause the gauges to flash unless your idle is dropping to around 800.

trying to eliminate the easiest things first.

Last edited:
Y
Feb 14, 2011
bang head here

hey new fuel and de-icer fixed the gauge it must have been idling low when i first pulled it this year.
bogging is just the same i get a good launch till theres load on the engine then it backs the throttle right off to say a neutral to 10% range unless i feather it then i get it to take off, full throttle also seams to work ok but after i let off its back to bogging. i tried warming it up a little longer no help? its only got 94 hrs on it and no melted wires i can see

i need wisdom.:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features