• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Knock Sensor for M7. . .

Air_time24

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2009
Nelson BC
www.facebook.com
05 m7T that I would like to put some form of det. sensor on I've searched around with no results . . I managed to find a dummy light but would like to have something I could wire in to re-tard timing . .
http://www.viatrack.ca/ <- this was the only option I found within the wiring diagram it does show a timing wire? Anyone else tried or found any other aftermarket det. sensors? sure would be nice to have! Any experiances or info would be great

Air_time24

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2009
Nelson BC
www.facebook.com
Yeah I did come across both of those as well in my searches, neither appear to have any sort of safety . . I assume these engines don't have to detenate long to start blowing apart a piston. .

I actually got some info from these guys http://www.viatrack.ca/ heres what they had to say when I asked if there was any timing options. .

"Tim" output exist on KnocksenseMS unit. It is meant to signal ECU to pull the timing.

KnocksenseMS Tim output is 5V when there is no knock. When knock occurs
that output goes to 0V for a period of 30 to 250 ms depending on knock
intensity. This is a logic level signal.

CLT output is not used

KnocksenseMS is $65

. . sounds like it should work. . . anyone tried these units? or does anyone else have any sort of det sensor on their m7?

M

Myzkoo

Sep 8, 2013
Did you come up with any solution to solve this? I'm also looking for some kind of det-sensor/knocklink to put on my M7 Turbo.

S
Feb 10, 2013
Colorado Springs
I have been looking into this as well I have an arduino and have some experience in programing these things. And have made a data logging program for my micro controller.that logs the out puts of different sensors Cps,temp,injectors o2,ect...I have yet to test it now because I have my tm7 ripped down ( cleaning up boost leaks)and not much snow yet. I would like to strap this setup to a tm8 ecm to get some data and take the knock readings and then just put a stock m8 knock sensor and use the micro controller to manipulate The input/output to the ecm and/or add a knock light or what ever my hart desires .Another thing that would be nice about this set up is I could retard timing according for boost/off boost acceleration. I think there's some HP to be gained in timing that is not tapped into on most boosted sleds.obviously a Dino would be the easiest way tune somthing like this in buta guy could spend hours playing and tweaking something like this in.

Last edited:
Premium Features