• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mount Pelican camera case on tunnel?

S
Oct 17, 2009
Minnesota
I'm looking to get a Pelican case for my DSLR camera. I plan on taking it out riding and am wondering if anyone has ever mounted one of these to their tunnel? I have a Summit 151" and the Skidoo gas can already..

Any easy ways to mount it easily and still have easy access to it?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Mule has one that is set up very well. I'd shoot him a PM over at BCR, don't think he's around here any more.

If you set up a peli case properly it will be fine. I've seen worse done to them.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I use one on the back of my sled for storage (no cameras) and my stuff all survives the pounding just fine. As long as the box is packed full, and things are not bouncing around inside. I just bungy it down to the Vortech rack on my dragon, works great.

F

Flange

Oct 25, 2001
Calgary, Alberta
I rivoted nylon straps to a Pelican case and use metal tri-rings with S-hooks to attach it to the tunnel. The case is very secure, although I'm not sure about putting expensive camera gear in it. You can pack it as secure as you want, but if the internal components of the equipment can't stand the pounding, then it really doesn't matter how well its packed. Most everyone I know with expensive cameras, pack them in their backpacks.

DSCF4745.jpg

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
I was gonna do that a few years ago, bought the case, drilled the holes, and then thought, do I really want my thousands of dollars of very sensitive glass and camera bouncing around on the back of my sled? I don't care how tight and padded it is, it is gonna get thrown around. I ended up getting a lowepro flipside backpack, I can have my camera out in just a few seconds, I carried my D3 and 70-200 around in that for 2 seasons and it never got hurt.

S
Oct 17, 2009
Minnesota
I would love to just put my camera in my backpack but I normally have a full pack as it is (extra goggles, gloves, socks, food, water, etc.) Plus I'm worried about my camera getting too cold in my backpack, I figured since the Pelican cases are waterproof and built well that it would resist the cold better than my backpack. I would buy a case with the pick-n-pluck foam and make sure my camera is very secure.
Does anyone know if you can buy straps with the metal hooks like on the Skidoo gas cans? That would be perfect as I could just hook the case to the existing hooks on the tunnel.

Premium Features