• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What do you think on clutching and gears

D
Dec 3, 2009
Northern Utah
Heres what i have 05 900 with slp full package with reflashed and 151 track alltidute 8000 to 10000 feet . side vents , console vents , slp air box and clutch gruad ,slp pipe and can , supposed was dynoed at 205 hp runs great and pulls good just think it needs something else . Its running all stock clutching and gears . Holz front end kit , Two wheel 9 inch kit with scratchers . Running 1080 belt and have about 8 rides on it and looks good still . Just woundering what you guys think i should be running for clutching and gears . Both primary and secondary . Thanks jeff

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
lots of threads on this..

05 900, use 19/41 or 18/40 gears with auto tranny fluid in case
clutching..if you have the complete SLP package, use their clutching recommendations..

your sled is not 200+ HP..170ish more likely..but when they pull like the freight train they are...it sure the hell feels like 200+hp..

R
Nov 20, 2009
whew! I don't feel so alone then.....I have pipe,can,reeds,clutch kit,studs, and I was dreamin' for 170 and to me that was a reach! imo...205, I would never touch it!

D
Dec 3, 2009
Northern Utah
Thats what i thought . I figured the guy was wrong on hp . I do know that my modded out 02 800 156 will not keep up with this thing . I also noticed that the head cover is different than most 05 that i have seen . It was built supposedly by fletchers in wyo and tested there . But anyways it pulls real hard all day long just thinking i could get something more out of it . You can never have enough . Would love to turbo it but wife shoot that down . No extra money right now for that . Next summer do want to put on the newer plastic and change bumper kit .

D
Dec 3, 2009
Northern Utah
Sean that is one sick sled that you have . If i only had the time and money . What do you think your getting for hp with that . My sons play aaa football (Stampede )and sometimes get up there to play would like to meet up with you and check it out in person . Can always use some pointers from someone that knows these sleds . I thought about a new sled but love the power of the 900 and seeing all the problems with the new ones glad i didnt get one yet .

R
Nov 20, 2009
Thats what i thought . I figured the guy was wrong on hp . I do know that my modded out 02 800 156 will not keep up with this thing . I also noticed that the head cover is different than most 05 that i have seen . It was built supposedly by fletchers in wyo and tested there . But anyways it pulls real hard all day long just thinking i could get something more out of it . You can never have enough . Would love to turbo it but wife shoot that down . No extra money right now for that . Next summer do want to put on the newer plastic and change bumper kit .
Yeah, I thought about that too, but I just am a little timid about going any futher than what I already have. I loged in almost 1000 mile since I bought it recently and trouble free! I think I'll just leave we enough alone, I feel I got one of the good ones (beside little stuff) I like the idea of dependable!
just was lookin' at the Dragons and will most likely buy a switchback when the snow melts here and they want to clean the showroom floor. I'll take that with me just incase! Got plenty of trailer or "back of pick up room" just incase! But I will never get rid of my 900 too much fun! Plus what a collection, a 900, a ProX and a Dragon, now all I need is to win the mega millions! LOL!
Good luck with yer sled! :present:

D
Dec 3, 2009
Northern Utah
Yea ihave a 01 800 144 snowcheck twin pipes , reeds , boost bottle , slp air intake , clutched . Fast and fun to jump with . 02 800 snowcheck 156 twin pipes , slp head , reeds , boost bottle , ported and polished ,big air intake slp , slp venting, avid drivers with anti stab kit , clutched , regeared , adjustable ecu . Then my 05 900 151 slp pipe and can , slp performance package with porting, reflashed , different injectors , reeds , front rad delete , hotz front end kit and spindales , foxs zero pro shocks all the way around , 9 inch big wheel kit with scratchers , moflow side vents , slp vents all over . Stock clutching and gears, 4 inch bar riser with new cable. I have about 500 miles on the same 1080 belt and still looks good . Runs great and havent had todo anything but put gas and oil and clean clutches . I did have to replace gears in the chain case because it leaked out . But just put stock size back in it . Should have changed them when i had it apart . Think i will be changing bottom to the 41 and see how that goes after i reclutch it . Need to ride it again to see what my rpm is at know . Never watch it just go riding and having fun . I also have a 4 place open so have room for 1 more maybe next year a turbo well we see .

Premium Features