• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

not so good news

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
well dont worry my engine is fine, but my bellypan not so good. i guess when i put my shocks back in, i didnt tighten then top bolt holding it in, kinda hard to forget about it. And well it fell out and my shock went right through my belly pan beside the shock tower. so i need a new bushing and bolt, not sure what to do with the belly pan blew a hole in it 5"x5". :face-icon-small-sad

another thing every time i make a thread, and i respond to it after no one will respond and it just gets lost, are my post invincible?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
no you arn't invisble. that sucks!

i mounted my floats wrong and notched my upper mounts to make them fit. i had a mount break and do something similar. so i feel your pain. i replaced my mounts and put the shocks on right. live and learn

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
allright well thanks, ill see what i can do with it. dont got any snow anyways so im not missing much, but it was fun today having the skies in the air for 30 feet at a time lol. But to continue what i had on the other thread with the check engine light, it came on today and i hit the kill switch and checked the plugs they look perfect so i dont know what it is.

hopefully poeple respond to this. :face-icon-small-hap

R
Nov 20, 2009
Hey it takes quite a "sleder" to fess up to a simple mistake.
We all make mistake everyday, you'll remember next time and
other sleders will remember do to this post.
Most important, it goes without sayin', yer sled didn't hurt ya'!
Lesson learned. Patch the hole put some stainless rivets in get yer bolts
and move on to better things! :juggle:

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
LOL thanks alot Redd, i thought forsure i tightened it though, didnt really look at the bolt. i just hope we get some good snow soon jeez.

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
The check engine light should flash a certain number of times. There is a sticky thread at the top of the 900 page that has the flash codes listed.

I'm looking at a black plastic garbage can next to my desk I'd cut something like that to patch your sled as long as it's strong enough to hold the rivits maybe less noticable. Use a little black RTV silicone from an auto parts store to go around it to keep the fine snow out.

R
Nov 20, 2009
Hey I just thought...I have a 4ft. x 4 ft. peice of black that I got from a platic shop that I used to extend my salt shield for my trailer, check and see if you have a plastic shop around you, most will just give it to you,

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
yea ill find something to patch it up, one thing i hate is how i gotta order everything cause my dealer never has anything in stock, plus it takes a week to get. poor girl just sitting there all alone in the garage, scared cold. LOL sheel like it when i ride her hard next week! hahaha

Premium Features