• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch balancing for 900

R

RMKrick

Jan 22, 2010
Wonewoc,Wi.
I just bought a 06 900 and have read alot about balancing the primary clutch.Was wondering the cost and where is a reputible place to get it done.It has the original springs and weights I just bought new springs wonder if i should put them in before i get it done or wait.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I always drop mine off at SLP and have them balance and tune everything up..Price is good there and they know their stuff.. Never had an issue.. They are somewhat local for me, but you can always send stuff to them to get done.

D

duece1

Oct 26, 2008
Also try Indy Dan on this forum for clutch balancing. He is in MN and has a quick turn around.

I took a clutch to him that had the spider nut come loose and pretty much trashed it. He fixed it up and balanced it and took an old 900 crank I had in on trade. Good guy.

R

RMKrick

Jan 22, 2010
Wonewoc,Wi.
Should I put the new springs in now. Has 1000 miles on them now and Iam comin out to I Park this week or wait till i get it balanced. sounds like Indydan is closer to me.

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
SLP did both my primary and secondary, cleaned, balanced, replaced all worn parts, and set up to my specific sled setup and it has been dead on perfect. Cost about 170 with shipping and worth every penny!

Premium Features