• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Four Stroke Solutions LLC "Jacobson roll-over oil valve kit"??

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
New valve for S/C Phazers

I now have shut off valves for supercharged Phazer/mtn-lite's. The MPI Phazer S/C kit uses a custom built oil tank that has a 3/4" fitting and breather hose. Instead of the 14mm fitting used on the stock oil tank.
The valve is re-sized to 3/4" fittings, to fit directly into the larger hose for a nice clean install!
pics at http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/apps/photos/

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Does this kit make it safe to actually roll this sled over purposely when you are stuck?

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
does the tether also work like a normal tether? it will kill the engine when you pull the tether?

i'm in the market for a tether for my Impulse Nytro, this may be the ticket to knock out a few issues in one...for a decent price too.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
does the tether also work like a normal tether? it will kill the engine when you pull the tether?

i'm in the market for a tether for my Impulse Nytro, this may be the ticket to knock out a few issues in one...for a decent price too.

Yes, it shuts down the engine also.
Kill's the motor and closes the valve with one function!

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary

Yes, acts as a tether to kill the engine and closes the valve at the same time. Read my post above too. I normally don't plug products on here, but this one is terriffic and looks like a stock piece.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Made the MISTAKE of rolling over my stuck Phazer this weekend.

OIL was POURING out of the poor sled.

What a mess.

Will need to install 3 of these units and not one! :D
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
The valve has a delay in closing on mine for some reason and when I fall off it does let trace amounts of oil out the end of my line. not much, but cold temps can also make the moisture freeze and the valve stick open. Really good system, works awsome but if the valve had a stronger actuator it would be even better.. It's pretty hard to find a valve like this so It would have to be custom manufactured.

My 2 cents

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Installing on my 2010 Nytro SE right now...
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
VIPER, how long before this kit is available for the Apex?

Spur, I'm still looking for some Apex's in the Pacific Northwest to try the kit on. Seems like they are not real common in my area.
Mainly I would like to see the sled in person or even do the actual install.
So I can check for any potenial fitment issues, write instructions, take pics, etc. I want make sure everything works as it should, and the installation process goes smoothly, before I say that it will fit an Apex!

I did sell a couple kits to guy to try out on an Apex, however I have not heard back from him yet...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just picked up my sled from my local shop where they were doing the installation of the Jacobson Roll-Over Oil Valve Kit.

It is ALL TO RARE to get words of praise for an aftermarket kit that has significant interface with the wiring harness of a new sled. But that is what this kit gets from my Yamaha Mechanic.

Quote: "This was one of the best built aftermarket kits I have ever installed on a sled. Most kits that interface with the main wiring harness are a nightmare. This was CLEAN, EASY and WELL DESIGNED".

From an end user standpoint, the only thing that can be seen is the leash attachment point.

picture.php

picture.php

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited:

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Does anybody have one of these kit installed on an MCXpress T-Nytro? I hate having to carry oil and would love to have one of these but not sure if it will work.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just look at that lovely little red cord.

picture.php

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Does anybody have one of these kit installed on an MCXpress T-Nytro? I hate having to carry oil and would love to have one of these but not sure if it will work.

My sled did roll today about 20 times! Came to the top of a VERY steep hill today with about a 200 foot drop off on the other side and had to come to a fast stop. I tried to dig it in but sled went backwards and it was not pretty:(. Busted my ignition and naturally lost all my oil! They call these 4 stroke sleds environmentally friendly?!?!? You shoud see how much oil was on the snow!! Brutal!

Still trying to figure out if one of these kits would work on a MCX kit? Anyone?

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
My sled did roll today about 20 times! Came to the top of a VERY steep hill today with about a 200 foot drop off on the other side and had to come to a fast stop. I tried to dig it in but sled went backwards and it was not pretty:(. Busted my ignition and naturally lost all my oil! They call these 4 stroke sleds environmentally friendly?!?!? You shoud see how much oil was on the snow!! Brutal!

Still trying to figure out if one of these kits would work on a MCX kit? Anyone?

Summitseeker, sorry to hear about your mishap, hopefully your ok and the damage was minimal.
Not sure if you ever ride down here (Mt. Baker), my place is on the way between the border and Baker. If you make it down my way sometime and you have your sled with you. I can take a look at it and see if the kit will fit. It would also give me chance to see how some of those MCX specific hoses are routed.
Only question mark would be if there is enough room for the valve. There may even be room for it further up stream in the hose, that dose'nt show up the pics.
The rest of kit install (wiring) should be no problem!

Premium Features