• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Yamaha Nytro MTX

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Cost is a problem but the real way to have the engine meet emissions standard is to have a feedback system. There are plenty of cars with boost that meet standards and they are way tighter. All of these have a feedback that allows you to run leaner and still be safe. A quick processor and and a/f ratio sensor is what they need. It will take some dedication to the project to make it happen. Is that dedication there?

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
The technology has been out there for years. Yamaha is just slow to act. Arctic Cat has made it happen and stolen the show. My last Yamaha was boosted in 2003 so I know whats been missing all these years. Even had the chance to talk to the Japanese engineers back in 04 or 05 about the need for a turbo mountain sled. I believe that Japan has the final say regardless of what the North American feedback is.

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
I hope superchargers and turbo's come down in price and become more affordable. $1500.00 is nice if you want a 2012 but what about the rest of us.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Whats the MSRP on the OEM unit, $3,000 ?

Wonder what the after season special might be from your dealer???

I know our local dealer has a couple left on his shelf

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/a...il/5/495/2019/17919/all/1/10435/0/detail.aspx

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="340" height="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="commontext" style="font-weight: bold;">FX Nytro MTX Supercharger by Mountain Performance, Inc.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2">
blank.gif
</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2">
blank.gif
</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" class="commontext">
SMA-SUPER-00-00-500.jpg

SMA-SUPER-00-00-1-500.jpg

SMA-SUPER-00-00-2-500.jpg

Give your FX Nytro MTX a 45 horsepower performance boost with a Mountain Performance, Inc. supercharger kit. This MPI supercharger kit is a true bolt-on, premium pump gas upgrade with provides instant throttle response.

The MPI supercharger kit is thoughtfully engineered for quality installation, fit and finish with no modifications to the hood or side panels of your Nytro MTX. All wiring uses stock style connectors, so you will not have to cut and splice your sled’s wiring harness. Additionally, the MPI supercharger system uses the stock exhaust.

The supercharger kit was designed by the electronics experts at Mountain Performance, Inc. to work seamlessly with Yamaha’s fuel injection system components, with running quality similar to the stock engine. While your buddies are busy tuning their finicky, modified 2-stroke engines, you’ll be setting highmarks with your high performance MPI Supercharged FX Nytro MTX.

The supercharger kit has a 1 year limited warranty from the manufacturer.

Important: The MPI supercharger kit is designed only for operation at elevations above 6000 feet. While installation of this kit will not “void” your snowmobile’s warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage.
blank.gif
blank.gif
</td></tr> <tr> <td width="15">
blank.gif
</td> <td width="325"> <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="325"> <tbody><tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="325"> <tbody><tr> <td class="commontext" width="130">SMA-SUPER-00-00</td> <td class="commontext" width="10">
</td> <td class="commontext" align="right" width="85">$3,995.95</td> <td align="right" width="100"></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
So all in all SE will probably be factory boosted sled lightweight parts, etc. Is it worth waiting for? I just sold my Snowhawk and plan to sell my 09 summit X for 12 SC nytro 162! I don't know if I should wait another year or not. I just got my 09 summit last year and love it, wondered why I rode my apex Mtn. for as long as I did. Felt like I wasted good winters on the apex after having rode my Summit. I rented an 08 Nytro mtx last weekend in IP and thought it was ok. I felt it was easier to handle than my XP but it got stuck way to easy and of course felt way under powered. My apex never seemed as doggy as the nytro, just heavy. The nytro felt light and was easier to manuever then my XP. I had to let my wife ride the nytro on the trails and she felt it was an easier ride(throttle pull) then the xp, but in the trees she didn't have the experience to keep the nytro from getting stuck so I swithed and rode they nytro. I didn't have the confidence to make tricky manuevers up hill for fear of being stuck, while on my xp I would try anything in the trees or on slope although it took more effort to throw around I still had power\ and weight working for me.
I think that the Nytro would be right up my alley with more power( light weight is just a bonus).
Might have to ride XP one more year since I am switching jobs. Going into Heavy Truck Sales.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
With all of the new goodies that are coming out now, this next season should see the Nytro shine like NEVER BEFORE!

jw3210

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2011
2012 Nytro UPGRADES (?)

They dropped the Special Edition
No mention of Factory Turbo or Supercharger
No mention of Factory lightweight rear suspension
No mention of any significant weight reduction

Gift_Of_Disapointment.jpg

Well, I suppose its not all bad news.
Looks like I will be keeping my 2010 and just upgrading it rather than trading it in and starting over a new sled this summer.

Thou only sledding a few years, and recently bought a 162 would trade it in a minute to have power steering. True you do not need it when moving…but had duel doolys’ (sp) installed on skis and at a stand still you almost need a winch to turn the skis; I’m not a small person. The only down side may be if its’ not progressive it might be sensitive at speeds. For you mountain types think how helpful when you bury one and not able too turn the skis.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Recently there was a Nytro 09 for sale on ebay with turbo and owner said it would also work below 6000 feet with the second fuel pump. It needed no adjustment once set; at least was the owner’s opinion. Personally not interested in turbo and failed to save the information so, there cannot be too many turbo manufactures in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Kansas</st1:place></st1:State> to check with if interested in a turbo you do not have to adjust.

Premium Features