• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bogging snow ingestion

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Bogging in deep powder on my Alpha. Seriously Cat it’s 2019 and you can’t fix this same problem you have always had. Get your crap together get rid of this out dated heavy air box design that isn’t sealed up tight .Rant over ruined my whole weekend. What’s the best way to fix this?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Bogging in deep powder on my Alpha. Seriously Cat it’s 2019 and you can’t fix this same problem you have always had. Get your crap together get rid of this out dated heavy air box design that isn’t sealed up tight .Rant over ruined my whole weekend. What’s the best way to fix this?

Sell the pos ! Go back to the poo 850!

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
I have experienced this. I don't know about snow ingestion. In my case it was definitely lack of air injestion. If the airbox was looser like other brands it would have pulled air from underhood.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
snow injestion put the damper on a cooke trip for me and also cost me a top end rebuild on another sled, but that was back in my Polaris days. not sure where you're coming from, my 17MC will run hard with the intakes covered in pow. no mods needed. my bro put the mountain fit intake screen on his 18 after some issues and I believe that cured it. I see no reason to on my proclimb. so your "same problem you've always had" comment is confusing.
but try this http://stores.mountainfithoods.net/proclimb-procross-ascender-chassis-defender-air-intake/

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I have two parts sitting in my garage that need installed to address these issues but I have not experienced either yet so been unmotivated to get them on.

SLP made some new Powder valves with prefilter to add some additional intake in the case your stock intakes are plugged. https://www.startinglineproducts.co...powder-valvestm-for-2018-arctic-cat-8000.html

The second is the mountain fit defender already linked above. My only issue with this is it doesnt address the gaps where your hood comes into the air box. Had I known it was in the hood and not in the airbox I probably would not have bought it because that is still a major area of concern.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
If you've smacked the nose on anything its pretty easy to pop apart the seams in the airbox and suck in a LOT of snow and bog tons. Best bet is to tear the hood off, pop the lower section apart and silicone all the joints and put it back together. This is probably the biggest weak link of the sled right now, simple issue that really SUCKS when its deep out.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
If you've smacked the nose on anything its pretty easy to pop apart the seams in the airbox and suck in a LOT of snow and bog tons. Best bet is to tear the hood off, pop the lower section apart and silicone all the joints and put it back together. This is probably the biggest weak link of the sled right now, simple issue that really SUCKS when its deep out.

This is why you put the flimsy front bumper on the shelf and put a full bumper on it.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Thanks guys I had it out today looks like it’s bogging when the intakes are getting covered in powder. Never had to deal with this on my Axys. Guess I’ll have to do arctic cats job for them and put in more vents.

B
Dec 12, 2014

I second that. Serious issue. ANY time riding deep snow the snow just packs in the side vents and sits on the top vents. Absolutely ridiculous. Spend most of the day stopping every time after a turn or side-hill to clear the vents. Made for some SUCKY situations getting suck when I shouldn't have been. Skidoo and Polaris have it figured out. rode with both of them in Colorado last week and they didnt miss a beat in the deep. It isn't a deep powder machine if the sled cant even run right due to vents holding snow. Arctic cat has a bowl effect on the top vents, OBVIOUSLY snow is gonna sit there. Also had to silicon the gap where the vent meets the hood panel because snow was starting to get in there.

Premium Features