• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Polaris super slippery racing oil

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
So what’s the verdict? Good? bad? Causing problems in 8 5 owe? *

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
If your talking about the EVS Extreme. IMO, it's very good. I had some test oil that I ran in my 860 big bore mod sled last year and tore it down to freshen it up and everything was within specs, great compression, extremely clean, even the exhaust valves were cleaner than I'm used to. Minimal wear and flows better at extreme cold temps.
Polaris claims 20% better. All I know is I didn't even need to put rings in a ported, bored, piped, custom heads and tune sled that was "only driven to church on Sunday";)
Thats a first for me, so I will be running it in my new 850 over aftermarket or standard VES

*Insert dumb comment here:
Seems like the only thing it cant do is tell us which one of our 850's will have bearing problems.....

Last edited:

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Good news. I use VES gold in all my two strokes. Outboard boat, jetskis x 6, snowmobiles and it has been great. The no smoke idling sold me.

I wonder about low speed idling with EVS. Is it causing the 850 low speed bogging?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I spilled a bit on the floor today, stepped in it later, did a complete backflip and landed on my feet. Very slippery stuff. When I spilled the standard VES on the floor two weeks ago, I stepped in it, landed on my head. Didn't get the rotation.
Seriously, I think that any factory oil is good stuff. I use Doo oil in my Husky chainsaw (60:1) as well as my 2015 TE125 Husky, same ratio. Good results.
As far as the Polaris recommendation to use the new stuff? Dunno. Several of my buds use Amsoil. They are still running.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
I spilled a bit on the floor today, stepped in it later, did a complete backflip and landed on my feet. Very slippery stuff. When I spilled the standard VES on the floor two weeks ago, I stepped in it, landed on my head. Didn't get the rotation.

Seriously, I think that any factory oil is good stuff. I use Doo oil in my Husky chainsaw (60:1) as well as my 2015 TE125 Husky, same ratio. Good results.

As far as the Polaris recommendation to use the new stuff? Dunno. Several of my buds use Amsoil. They are still running.

OMG just spit my coffee out..

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com

The time has come where it's best to run the oil the factory recommends.

I WOULD NEVER NEVER NEVER USE AMSOIL ! Out dated drain oil.

Dan

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I should add that I don't pick an oil because it has a pro rider endorsement. This new oil was formulated to meet the exact specs that Polaris asked for. A good friend works there at Lube-tech and he has done that same testing on his 860 mod sled with the same results that I had. Here is some info on the company that is making it:http://custombrands.lubetech.com

*After slipping on the floor from this oil, I couldn't get a full rotation ether, I landed flat on my back which indicates to me I just need to loose some weight :face-icon-small-dis

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho

Funny stuff right there :)

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Is this the VES Extreme? and is it compatible with standard VES? I am at about 1/2 a tank of VES and need to go buy some more oil.
I am looking for a single oil to run in my sled, dirt bike, and all my 2 stroke motors.
Thanks

S
Feb 21, 2009
really

The time has come where it's best to run the oil the factory recommends.

I WOULD NEVER NEVER NEVER USE AMSOIL ! Out dated drain oil.

Dan

So what do you run, I would imagine there are plenty of good oils out there. Like ktm says run motorex and husky says belray same bikes.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
I ran the XPS doo oil for a while. The thing I hated about it was it looks like dirt in the bottom of the jug when it’s empty. VES Gold was always so clean. I want to dunk my bread in it..

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I was running Redline Racing 2 stroke synthetic (their top of the line 2 stroke oil) in my '16 800 from day one. I switched to the VES Extreme this season after assembling a complete new spare 800 I had sitting around. I did this due to pulling out my BMP 860 so I could install the 2019 BD Sidekick Switch turbo I bought.

Only reason I switched is the Extreme is around $57-58 a gallon and the Redline Racing is close to $80 a gallon.

Premium Features