• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Getting Unstuck

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
That has to be one of the worst ways to get unstuck. I can't believe this is video worthy.

Last edited:

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
The trench in front can help but there was zero reason to use a shovel. Ski pull and pin-n-wiggle that sled should walk right out.

Yes! I get pissed when I see the backpack come off and the shovel come out!
Ski pull and pin/wiggle 9 out of ten times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
...take the outer part off. Now you have a series od flexable bungee cords that fit in your bag, backpack, or pocket!

Ace

I love my snowbunje. I won’t use it without the sleeve tho. That hook comes off or pulls something off and it’s going to HURT.

T
Dec 19, 2016
Mapleton Utah
I havent used the reverse but I always make a trench to put the extra snow or to clear it to help with a roll/pack down to help with traction. Works for me. But the reverse idea sounds better because someone isnt cutting it close to you full throttle.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Pin and wiggle is hard on tracks, if you find something other than snow, hard on motors to run at full rpm no load and freaking dangerous if it really finds something to grab hold of. I am surprised so many of you recommend that method...

I carry a plastic scoop shovel on the tunnel. Dig for a couple minutes and it is out, no damage, nobody run over. Whats the rush?

T
Dec 19, 2016
Mapleton Utah
Pin and wiggle is hard on tracks, if you find something other than snow, hard on motors to run at full rpm no load and freaking dangerous if it really finds something to grab hold of. I am surprised so many of you recommend that method...

I carry a plastic scoop shovel on the tunnel. Dig for a couple minutes and it is out, no damage, nobody run over. Whats the rush?

My two ripped lugs I can say I tore them while I was stuck full throttle. Or at least they happened that same day

Yea it may be a bit dangerous, but so is the riding we do. Yea may damage a track but might bust up a sled tree riding too. Snowmobiling is dangerous and a possibility of a broken sled always exists, only away around it is to stay home and watch YouTube videos of other out riding.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Yea it may be a bit dangerous, but so is the riding we do. Yea may damage a track but might bust up a sled tree riding too. Snowmobiling is dangerous and a possibility of a broken sled always exists, only away around it is to stay home and watch YouTube videos of other out riding.

Don't think I said not to ride, just use a little common sense. Just because things CAN happen sledding doesn't mean it isn't kinda stupid to bring it on yourself because you were impatient.

Snowmobiling doesn't have to be dangerous and I have no desire to ride with clowns who insist on making that way.

Premium Features