• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Search and Rescue

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
I would just like to say thank you for the Search and Rescue personal that helped in locating and rescuing the 4 people from South Dakota today in the snowy range of Wyoming. Outstanding work.

One other thing: if you and your riding buddies, no matter where you ride or are from, please donate to your local or non local SAR. The Rescue in the snowies is one of the reasons why. If you happen to see a search and rescue person on the trails or at pit stop tell them thank you at the least.

Thank you Snowest for these forums.

Last edited:

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
As WAX said this was a great Combined effort with Albany County and Carbon County Sheriff's offices and both of their associated County SAR organizations along with the Air Force Helo, the CAP could not fly fixed wing air assets because of weather and other volunteers!! Thanks to all that were involved in this effort! It makes me very proud to be a volunteer and help when I am asked.
gtwitch in wyoming

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
WAX, They were brought out Wed Dec 26 by a group (Team 1) and two of that team had to walk on snow shoes from above then on the west ridge above Deep Creek (outlet from Sand Lake) before it joins Rock Creek. Long but successful trek and the 2 guys who went in on snow shoes from their sleds about 1+mile had ability to call back on radio and have another of their team come to their sleds and bring 4 pairs of snow shoes and walk those in and meet the 2 team members walking out with the 4 missing sledders This all took place between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm and then the ride to meet the Carbon County snowcat who then took the 4 to the Albany County snowcat for their ride to the Incident Command Post at Green Rock Parking Lot arriving 6:45 PM. I think it was at least another hour or two that the ICP was secured from Green Rock and the 4 riders were in Good shape and refused any medical attention!
gtwitch in wyoming

Premium Features