• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Real 850 Feedback from you guys!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Okay guys........

We all have been reading the threads on "potential" issues of the new 850 and of course some failures we have heard of. I don't want to discuss these potential issues or "what if" scenarios. Some will focus on the bad and some will focus on the positive and some......don't give a chit and just want to ride!!

Here's what I thought what we could do with regard to real feedback on the new 850.

So, if you have a new Axys 850, lets start leaving honest feedback here. Not your buddy or "what you heard".....your real feedback and input on your machine.

Miles driven and where, any issues, pros and cons. Just honest feedback on these machines. Feel free to post up more then one comment as you gain more miles and seat time and keep the feedback up to date.

As far as me.........New 850 in the garage....no miles but it does have about 100 garage miles on her!! LOL

Next.........

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
200 miles and I think I'm past break in. Definitely wakes up. But I also think the map is just rich in general. I haven't had one issue that has been reported (knock on wood).

I would say that the front end is quite different than my '16 Axys. Suspension is much better. Must be valved different.

wang11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Idaho Falls, Id
Love mine 150 miles in Idaho/Wyoming past break in. No problems, flooded once when I started it pulled it out of trailer shutoff immediately stupid mistake. Pulled plugs, pulled it a bunch, put plugs in fired it up and rode the rest of the day, this was my second ride still in break in. Since then It’s been the best sled Ive rode to date. Hand warmers are amazing!!!

dktraw

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2009
Halfway OR
150 miles, still in break in mode. Have to hold throttle open sometimes when starting hot. But other than that, zero issues, awesome power, super smooth engine. First 2hrs 8150 was about max rpm i could pull, after 2hrs was done 82-8250. Last ride yesterday she really woke up, 8400 all day with 8500 occasionally. Still have couple hrs left before break in is done. Totally stock sled other than slp competition can

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Mine is starting to wake up. Off the truck it ran in eth mode and turned 7800 at 9000’ with stock clutching. I switched it to non eth mode and it turned 7800 for another 10 miles. It now turns 8150 at 9000’ with the stock clutching.
I won’t work on clutching until it’s past the 10 hr mark. It feels strong after it had time on it. One thing everyone should check is belt deflection, it wasn’t set properly on mine.

TeamK

Lifetime Membership
Mar 6, 2016
NE MO
Picked mine up on 3 Dec. Broke it in that pm and next morning. 93m and 4.5 hrs. Woke up after 2.5. No problems yet. Really like the way it turns and stays on edge so easy! I came from a 16 and 18 axys and there is a big difference in the handling. Power is smooth and less vibration in the bars.
:face-icon-small-hap
A group of us are coming out to Wy the day after Xmas. Looking forward to finish breaking it in and to became a better rider with the new technology!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
150 miles, still in break in mode. Have to hold throttle open sometimes when starting hot. But other than that, zero issues, awesome power, super smooth engine. First 2hrs 8150 was about max rpm i could pull, after 2hrs was done 82-8250. Last ride yesterday she really woke up, 8400 all day with 8500 occasionally. Still have couple hrs left before break in is done. Totally stock sled other than slp competition can

Did you trade your old sled in?

dktraw

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2009
Halfway OR
TRS, sold my 16, kept the 17 for my wife. The 17 ended up getting a new top end and primary clutch under warranty at the end of last season. Running pretty decent this year but not even close to how well the new 850 is running

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Great feedback and keep it coming!

Don't matter, if its good or bad, lets hear it all!

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
TeamK: I hope you won’t be disappointed when you come out to Wyoming after Christmas. No new snow for the greater part of any riding areas. There are a couple of small cold fronts coming thru but nothing to speak of.

Someone needs to do one he!! of a snow dance.

N
Dec 19, 2010
8 Hours, 155, sled starts on second pull so I just roll it over on the first, sled pulls hard, I loved my 850 Etec, this sled is right there, I'm surprised to be honest...
I hit all connections with silicone on all sleds, I think we will be fine.....

The fuel setting changed this sled drastically..

P
Mar 21, 2009
Kennewick, Wa
125 on mine. Almost 10hrs. I think it’s a great platform. Power is there and it’s extremely linear, smooth. Was surprised with Polaris clutching this go round, almost perfect out of the box for 5-7000. New front end is a dream to ride compared to my 17. This sled is a 174 compared to previous 163, and it handles night and day better despite the extra length. Overall very happy with it. Of course I also wasn’t a dingus expecting turbo power from a crate N/A sled like some others that claim to be disappointed with the 850, so that definitely helps with perspective

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
Been up riding in Revy, with some pretty deep powder. Sled is all broke in around 18 hrs and 250 miles. It runs strong, stock primary spring 120/320 with 68.8 gram weights and stock secondary 155/222 spring 42 degree helix. It pulls 8250 all day long at 7400 ft. So far so good no hard starting yet. Always warmed up good and running the extreme race oil.

prorideupper800

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2013
Upper Pennisula of Michigan
325 miles on 13 hrs Pro 850 155, runs strong no plug issues and the dealer put oil in the first tank which now I'm glad he did with all the talk about cylinders and pistons. Going to put Thunder Products clutch kit in this week and do some testing already have 911 clutch cover installed sled rides awesome in the ruff stuff. Polaris extreme oil 8250 all day.

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
850 / 163 / 3" with SLP can. Just hit 10 hours / around 160 miles. Zero issues so far. Was not real impressed with the power during the first 3 or 4 hours which was understandable in breakin mode. Switched to Non Eth mode and it woke up a bit. From hours 6 - 10 it really woke up! Now holding around 8,150 at 9,500' with stock clutch set up. I'm pretty impressed with the motor / power now. Love that it runs cooler. I haven't seen it go over 118 degrees. Usually runs around 98 degrees +/-. I have a 2018 800 163" 2.6" with a SLP pipe and can / some clutching. I haven't exactly rode them side by side yet but I'd be really surprised if the piped 800 kept close to this 850 on a steeper pull. Lets just say this 850 is giving my arms a good workout... I've ridden the Doo 850's and this Poo 850 motor seems pretty similar in power to me. it really seems to pull hard and it's snappy. I hope the motor is reliable... time will tell. Oh, the narrower front arms handle about like I expected. I wouldn't say there is any difference to a 800 with aftermarket 36" arms. Why would there be?? Anyway, hope that helps..

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
As the miles and seat time increases, be sure to post up your miles ridden and your feedback!!

If you happen to have an issue, explain what happened and provide some details, please don't post....."she done blode up" .....ha ha.

Thanks again guys, it's killing me as I'm looking at mine everyday and no miles yet!:face-icon-small-sad......Next week we are heading out, so I will have some info to report back after that!!

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Second ride ,just over 5 hrs riding around 5500 feet all stock except for a Jaws roudy can , pulled 8100 to 8200 rpm in 2 plus feet of fresh , very pleased with the power and handling of this thing also for got to mention its a 174 .

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
As some have said the power on the bottom seems very soft. I believe this is a mapping issue but it does make it very controllable and easy not to trench when starting out. It does however make it harder to get the "Instant Lift" that the AXYS is known for. Clutching may cure this completely as it just seems a bit slow to respond compared to the 800 Poo or the 850 Doo. Every other aspect of this sled is stellar.

Premium Features