• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP can for the 850

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have the SLP trail can on my 850 since new with 15 hours on the sled and noticed that when I switched from the ethanol fuel settings to the 91 setting it started running pretty fat on the bottom end, switched back to ethanol and it cleaned right up again.

Strange.
Non-eth mode is leaner.
Eth mode is more rich mapping.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Strange.
Non-eth mode is leaner.
Eth mode is more rich mapping.

Agreed, he might have mixed up the modes.

My 850 ripped on Saturday. But it still just wants you to pull the throttle. It's doesn't like to move around at low RPM's. I'm betting that SLP and others will be using a fuel controller to get HP out of these 850's.

SLP

Premium Member
Hey guys, thought I would jump in again to answer your questions about the update.

The update applies to all SLP silencers for the Polaris 850 patriot (Competition Series 09-327, PicnicR Series 09-328, and Standard Lightweight Silencer 09-329) built before 12/12/18 and includes a shim for the rubber pipe support damper, a bracket for the center of the exhaust pipe and an extra spring to go with the bracket (see attached picture).

The purpose of the update is to eliminate movement of the stock pipe and to provide additional clearance between the stock pipe and the cross tube underneath it. It comes with installation instructions and is free of charge. We have already contacted all of the customers that purchased silencers directly from us. We are still in the process of contacting a few of our dealers. If you purchased the silencer from a dealer, please contact them first (as we have sent out most of the updates to the dealers that sold them). If you can't get one from your dealer, please contact us directly so that we can get you taken care of.

For the customer with a question on removing the recoil roller - Yes, it is required to remove the roller when installing our silencer. You may melt your rope if you don't remove it.

Adam Wood
Sales Manager - SLP
adam@slp.cc

62-4.jpg

Hey guys, thought I would jump in again to answer your questions about the update.

The update applies to all SLP silencers for the Polaris 850 patriot (Competition Series 09-327, PicnicR Series 09-328, and Standard Lightweight Silencer 09-329) built before 12/12/18 and includes a shim for the rubber pipe support damper, a bracket for the center of the exhaust pipe and an extra spring to go with the bracket (see attached picture).

The purpose of the update is to eliminate movement of the stock pipe and to provide additional clearance between the stock pipe and the cross tube underneath it. It comes with installation instructions and is free of charge. We have already contacted all of the customers that purchased silencers directly from us. We are still in the process of contacting a few of our dealers. If you purchased the silencer from a dealer, please contact them first (as we have sent out most of the updates to the dealers that sold them). If you can't get one from your dealer, please contact us directly so that we can get you taken care of.

For the customer with a question on removing the recoil roller - Yes, it is required to remove the roller when installing our silencer. You may melt your rope if you don't remove it.

Adam Wood
Sales Manager - SLP
adam@slp.cc

Received mine in the mail yesterday, thanks.

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
There is an update kit out now for the SLP cans. If you don't have one, contact them and they will send it out to you.

Anyone know if the SLP can update is the addition of a spring deal on the main pipe to help keep it from moving? Same deal as they've used in the past with their pipe. You have to take off the (pipe side) bumper tab bolt and install their metal bracket that allows for an extra spring at that location. It also has a washer to install near the rubber bumper near the cross bar to raise the pipe up about 1/8th of an inch for a little better pipe clearance near the cross bar.

SLP

Premium Member
Anyone know if the SLP can update is the addition of a spring deal on the main pipe to help keep it from moving? Same deal as they've used in the past with their pipe. You have to take off the (pipe side) bumper tab bolt and install their metal bracket that allows for an extra spring at that location. It also has a washer to install near the rubber bumper near the cross bar to raise the pipe up about 1/8th of an inch for a little better pipe clearance near the cross bar.

Yes, the update bracket we are using on the 850 Patriot is the same bracket we used on the 800 Axys single pipe. There is a picture attached to my previous post of all the parts included (I have attached it again for your convenience):

Adam Wood
Sales Manager - SLP
adam@slp.cc

62-4.jpg

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
dude's sled ran like that when I moved it off the street couple weeks ago. Blubbery on the bottom. Not sure if he has a can or not, I think he does. Definitely see a reflash from Poo in the future for these things.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
sorry for digging out this old thread but I don't think its worth opening a new one, also it is hard for me to get an answer from SLP email, they do not reply at all or reply after 2 weeks :)

After reading on this forum I understand the dual pipes are in the works with unknown ETA, is that correct? Also these dual pipes are listed on SLP website (with no price) as competition item, which makes me think it is gonna be loud (which I do not like). I really want to buy at least a can for my 850 but some of my buddies had problems with the pull cord being burnt from the SLP exhaust. What is the fix for that? I do not want to remove the pulley, is it possible to get it to work without removing the pulley?

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Yeah I've seen removing the pulley recommended by multiple brand cans and the silber turbo.

Not really sure why removing the pulley is such a big deal? Is there something I'm missing? None of my sleds are using the pulley and having any issues.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
On the first look the pulley looked like a little pain to remove, maybe I am mistaken. I will do whatever necessary to install the can properly.

Any info on full exhaust or dual pipes? SLP rep?

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
On the first look the pulley looked like a little pain to remove, maybe I am mistaken. I will do whatever necessary to install the can properly.

10mm socket, back it up with a torx(I think 40) on the backside. The wheel, washer, and pin slide right off. Only thing you may have to do is push the coolant bottle towards the rear of the sled a little to get the pulley off.

SLP

Premium Member
Hey guys, thought I might jump in again as some questions have resurfaced.

The recommendation from SLP is to remove the recoil rope pulley when our silencer is installed on the 850 Polaris. If you look at the way the rope is routed and the effort to pull the engine over with the pulley removed, it is basically the same as all of the 800 Models since the AXYS was released.

The twin pipes for the 850 Polaris are still under development. They will use competition style glass pack silencers that have a very similar sound level to what you see with our Competition Series Ultra-Lite Silencers for the 850. We have been running prototypes on the snow the last few weeks and things are going very well. We should have some more information regarding pricing, horsepower numbers, weight savings and production ETAs very soon.

As any more information is released, we will post it here.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I am not really familiar with competition items from SLP, are they louder than regular cans? What about full single pipe exhausts for 850? can and pipe I mean

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I don't know about the actual decibel ratings but I can say it is noticeably louder than the Picnic'R can from SLP that I'm running. Not as loud as the GGB MTN can and a different tone all together from the GGB.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
I have an 850 Pro RMK with slp comp can 15 hours on the sled. No bog runs great.

Pulley is super simple to remove. There was no pulleys on our ‘16 and ‘17 not sure why they put one on the ‘19. It isn’t needed. The washer for the

Slp comp Can isn’t much louder than their standard can IMO. It’s about as loud as their standard can after it has 1000 miles. It’s no where near ggb mountain can.. close to a ggb trail can with 1000 miles. We have multiples of the above cans in our group, I spent the last week listening to them.

I’m interested in the twin pipes for sure.

Premium Features