• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 QRS3 shocks need free 2018 update

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Devilman did you the shocks from Fox or Ski Doo? Did you buy them from the dealer or direct from Fox?

P
Oct 24, 2012
So I got my first ride on these shocks. Bolted them on at 1am the night before a ride so the went on just as they came from Fox. REALLY LIKE THE STIFFER SPRING. Great on the whooped out trail, better sidehilling thru old tracks and the sled carves and turn WAY better. I think I need a little more preload and eventually I’ll want more compression damping. I rode most of the day on 3, be nice to have that as the two setting so I can go either way. It feels like Fox didn’t do the 30% increase in comp damping I asked for. I’m at 12 on rebound, I’ll bump that too, feels like about 15-16 up from full soft is where they want to be with the current valve set up in them.
I thought they were bottoming at first but they just really get stiff about halfway thru the compression stroke and they do clunk when topping out. Just a little distracting, wish there was a way to soften that out.

Good to hear. I’m in the same boat. Have the stiffer spring from Fox now and was told by Fox the shocks didn’t need to be re valved. My shocks came from Fox new in 2017. I’m hesitant to put them on my sled again though do to that weird top out which I too experienced from day one, doesn’t seem right

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Pembyjon im getting mine back from Tom tomorrow or monday. He’s stoked about the valve setup he has on these. The one adjustment on his is slightly stiffer than the 3 stock which sounds great. Should give me a way better range of adjustment. I couldn’t tell the dif from 1-3 stock and 3 was to soft. I forgot to ask Tom about the topping out clunk. Hopefully he will chime in on that.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
This is not true or accurate. 2 years ago we tested with Fox in the Evanston, Wy. area with several riders that regularly comment on here. We worked out of Steve Martins shop. They test every year. They are currently in the Island Park area testing now.
If you buy Fox shocks through the Ski Doo dealership those shocks are built to Ski Doo specifications, not Fox. These are incredibly soft.

I bought them through WPS. If they were tested, then the people who were testing them need to get a new job.
They were not only sprung stupid soft (I could tell my just looking at the small wire diameter and huge number of coils), they clunked when lifting the front end. Over bumps or dropping off something, every time they extended they made a clunk that you could feel in the bars. I have a buddy who bought the same shocks and said the SAME thing. Softer than stock X shocks and clunked.
One ride and they were sold. (QS3 springers.)
After so many years of bad shocks, I tried again this year with front Float 3 Evol QS3-R and rear 1.5 Zero Pro QS3-R and QS3 shocks, ordered through Skidoo. I hate to admit after so many crappy Fox shocks over the years, but they are good. Much better than my Freeride shocks. So evidently Doo knows how to valve shocks.........

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Devilman did you the shocks from Fox or Ski Doo? Did you buy them from the dealer or direct from Fox?

Those were through WPS, so Fox. (See previous post.) ;)
I also bought a set of the cheapest Foxes for my 14 Doo when I had it, through Doo, and was happy with them. Glad to have it affirmed that Doo does their own setup when purchased through them, I had a feeling but nobody could affirm it for me until now.

Premium Features