• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

News from the Rumor Mill

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
So...at the Utah snow show last weekend, I was chatting with the Cat guys about kids sleds and the zr 200. They sure led me to believe that Cat might put out even another option for kids in the next year or two.

Obviously, this could totally just be some low level sales and marketing idiots just saying whatever...or it could be true? Fingers crossed?

Is anybody else hearing anything? If I'm the only one, then I would have to assume they are just making stuff up.

zecow224

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2018
Wisconsin
Yep they have a mid sized sled coming, I am sure Ski-Doo will end up bringing back the freestyle too. Polaris will have the midsized entry level market temporarily but it will level out once cat and doo get there own models out there.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
WOW!!!!

Oh my goodness I can't even believe my eyes!! I can only hope that thing is actually even remotely close to production. That would be absolutely amazing!! A liquid cooled EFI 2 stroke 300? Wow!!! At that rate, if they keep the weight down at all, then ski doo would be absolutely silly to bring back the freestyle to try to compete with their fan cooled 300. Also, if Cat were to do it right, meaning have the track be less than 15" and have the weight be less than 350 pounds, at that point, polaris may as well fold up shop on the evo as well. With that engine, if this thing comes in under 350 pounds with a track at 12 or 14 inches, it would be futile for poo or doo to even try to compete. Oh my goodness, I'm not even going to sleep for days now. I'll just stay up all night praying instead that cat actually makes it.

And P.S. I disagree with the article that the seat makes it look like a ski-doo. That seat looks really similar to what cat put on the zr200.

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
I just ponied up for new zr200 as a step up from the 120 for my 6yr old. I'm impressed with the look and feel; electric start and the new purple color was the icing on the cake. While this sled pushes well past what I was hoping to spend, I figured buying new was worth the investment as my 4yr old will take over in 2-3 yrs giving my family at least six years of use. It also seems to be very well built, stable, and will be a great way for my kids to continue safely learning to ride. This 300 will be a great step up rather than an old beat up under powered adult sled.

Thanks Arctic Cat and Yamaha for getting the kids involved!

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Awesome!!!

That's cool that you bought a 200. I bought the snoscoot last year and have loved it. Such a big, wonderful step up from the 120. And, yeah, don't worry about the money. You'll amortize that cost across 2 kids and about 6 years and when you go to sell it in 2024, you'll still probably sell it for 2/3 -3/4 of what you paid for it. Can't lose.

Same thing with this 300, I'm sure they will hold their value very well such that even if they seem expensive on the day you buy it, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much you'll still get for it when you go to sell. Shoot, freestyle 300's still go for about 3 grand around here on the rare occasion that they actually come up for sale.

I think Arctic Cat is much more concerned than Yamaha with the kids right now, but sure, Yammi did provide the motor, so that's something.

I'll be thanking Kitty with immediate Benjamins the second it's released if this thing comes out and weighs less than 350 pounds and has a track that is 11-14" wide. And if the engine is a liquid cooled EFI 300 (like half of their 600) then I just can't even imagine how much fun that thing will be to ride. I bet money it would be my wife's sled of choice as well if that were the case.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Well, little late for my kids. Just sold the 380 Doo tub that the little one learned on. He's 12 now and has trouble giving up my Pro for the M7 or 550 rmk.
Underpowered? It wasn't.
I could ride a wheelie on that thing for 100'! It ripped!
But so awesome if Cat makes what you're all hoping for...3/4 size high strung 2 stroke. Just give it a real suspension please.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Anybody hearing anything?

Well here we are. Ski-doo has revealed that they don't give a rip about kids. Polaris and Cat still to come. Anybody hearing anything worth mentioning?

Premium Features