• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Limiter Strap This look Right?

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Had my shocks serviced and reinstalled my limiter strap, but I'm not sure it's installed correctly. Setting it to #3 as in the shop manual, but the the center doesn't touch the axle like it says it's supposed to. I currently have it set third hole in the front, and third hole in the rear, with three holes between the bolt and nut.

IMG_0759.jpg IMG_0760.jpg

W
Sep 9, 2013
Had my shocks serviced and reinstalled my limiter strap, but I'm not sure it's installed correctly. Setting it to #3 as in the shop manual, but the the center doesn't touch the axle like it says it's supposed to. I currently have it set third hole in the front, and third hole in the rear, with three holes between the bolt and nut.

What about comparing it to the sled sitting right next to it?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
If you’re trying to get the bolt closer to the shaft? I don’t think you’re going get it any closer.

I’d say it looks right, might be missing the plastic spacers that are on either side of it depending on year.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Figured it out... reached in the drawer and grabbed the wrong strap, XM strap has different holes, found the G4 and everything's honky dory... Only thing making it any better is the fact we've been getting dumped on all day long here

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Glad to hear your getting dumped on, that is our planned destination friday night.

Premium Features