• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oops, that looks bent...

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
This happened about 2 hours ago. Creek bottoms can be so unforgiving....

That ZRP spindle is REALLY offset now.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me. I got a torch and a big hammer. Wish me luck.

Pay to play.
19627c07e28d01a55cbbfdc52cbdde70.jpg
9afa3575162b4845c99ebeada1b276fe.jpg

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Geez I know it’s bent but at least it didn’t snap right off and cause a day or two of extraction, heaving and pulling and work. I am now a fan of zrp spindles. Hope she gets straightened for ya!

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I bent a zrp non offset spindle just like that. I would give them a call and order a new one, never in a million years would i straighten it unless i was on a trip and wanted to ride out the trip.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Two days of some of the best snow ever and my custom "contoured" ZRP spindle worked awesome. So glad I got these spindles. It was amazing how much the 20 ton press had to work to bend it back. Tuff stuff. A stock spindle would have crumbled to pieces.

Don't worry, the "contoured" version will be a backup when the replacement arrives for the next trip.
20870c7adc0116e05bd86eddc81863e7.jpg

T
Nov 1, 2011
P'Tucky
Interesting where the rear of that A-arm bent, right at the end of the aftermarket reinforcement. Maybe it just would have snapped though. what's stopped me from going to aftermarket A-arms (besides the expense), is that they might just lead to much more expensive damage to the bulkhead...

dktraw

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2009
Halfway OR
Alternative Impact! Great A arms and great service! designed to bend/break the rod end before doing any damage to arms or chassis

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Interesting where the rear of that A-arm bent, right at the end of the aftermarket reinforcement. Maybe it just would have snapped though. what's stopped me from going to aftermarket A-arms (besides the expense), is that they might just lead to much more expensive damage to the bulkhead...
That aftermarket reinforcement is my own design. It bent right in the middle of it. Had it not been there, the damage would likely have been much worse. It's a stainless steel clamp, with essentially the same reinforcement as another aluminum aftermarket design. I actually bent it earlier on a much lighter hit off a hidden tree and bent it a bit more on the rock.

So, I'm a bit disappointed with my design and am looking into designing a more rigid 'box' design. I know I can get more reinforcement, while still protecting the bulkhead from damage. The bulkhead is significantly stronger than most realize, including the engineers at Polaris. None of the aftermarket a-arms are strong enough to be the cause of bulkhead damage.

Premium Features