• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

200 votes needed for an 850 sub-forum. We need it!

Do we need an 850 sub-forum created?

• We need a separate 850 sub-forum

Votes: 223 72.2%
  • We do not need a separate 850 sub-forum

Votes: 86 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
FYI... Snowest currently has 170 different sub-forums.
I would rather scroll down to Polaris and Click Axys 850 than sort through the current mess of 50/50 800/850 threads within the Axys subforum, but thats just me. It seems super cluttered right now.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Be careful what you wish for.....IF this happens and IF you are an Axys 800 owner, just be aware that you will lose the knowledge of nearly all past 800HO posters who have moved on to 850's. The chances of them finding and commenting on your thread will go down A LOT.

Look in the Pro Ride section....I'll bet nearly all Axys owner's owned Pro's at some point, but very little action in there as no one looks unless it's right in front of them
A thought on this as well... a sticky(not wild about sticky’s honestly...butttt) explaining the search fuction would probably solve this problem. Pretty much anything and everything involving the Axys 800 and Pro Rides has been beat to death at one time or another. I also think there are enough 800 Axys owners that there will be plenty of activity for years to come.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
One more thought- If the amount of subforums is bothering people couldnt we start consolidating some of the older model subs like “M-series and Older” “Rev Chassis and Older” “Edges Chassis and Older”. Again... with the search function this SHOULDNT be a problem. Really not necessary IMO but if the amount of subforums is bothering some its an option. Better to consolidate the older models that see VERY little traffic than have a mess in the subs that see hundreds of topics a month in the busy season. Maybe? Maybe not? Makes sense to me I guess.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Consolidating some of the older gen forums does make sense. Given the amount of traffic and similarities, it would make sense to have a "EDGE/Gen I/II and older" forum. That's a pretty good break point, before you got into EFI and such. An 850 sub-forum makes some sense at the moment, but in the long run it'll just be unnecessary fragmentation. You'd mostly be creating a forum just for the engine, and it doesn't seem like that lengthy a process to just click on the AXYS section and skim to find the 850 threads. Just my two cents.

Dazzler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Cochrane Ab
I don't see the need for a separate or sub forum just for the 850 as it's still the same chassis as the 800 as well as the 600.. If you need to find something specific to your engine cc's, that's what the search button is for, should someone post pertinent info on the axy chassis, I feel that axy owners will find it a lot easier and faster if it's in one forum rather than in two or three.
If they start a sub forum for the 850, they may as well start one for the 600's as well...

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Mountain VS Trail would be helpful. I have seen plenty of misinformation from a poster not knowing all the differences.
Most recently members were trying to help another out with there belt that would not adjust up ( Deflection )
The poster PMed me to thank me for letting them know the Assault Switchback was a trail sled and required a shorter belt than the equivalent Mountain chassis Assault RMK !!

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Mountain VS Trail would be helpful. I have seen plenty of misinformation from a poster not knowing all the differences.
Most recently members were trying to help another out with there belt that would not adjust up ( Deflection )
The poster PMed me to thank me for letting them know the Assault Switchback was a trail sled and required a shorter belt than the equivalent Mountain chassis Assault RMK !!

Even the 2016 Service Manual says nothing about the RMK specific belt, only mentions the trail belt part numbers. But then again, it also lists the 600 & 800 engines having the same bore and stroke dimensions.....:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con Apparently, the proof reader was on vacation when that version went into print.

The 2019 850 Owner's manuals still list the engines having a 120* thermostat......:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

I think the trail forum is called hcs and spams you anytime a window is open.
“You have won 10 million dollars!!!!”

The only possible upside I can see to splitting the axys chassis forum is that it (might) force the Polaris trolls to search longer before finding any ammo to gush anti semitism about PI.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
^ What he said. For better or worse, this is mostly a forum for mountain riding. There are obviously some flat-landers here, and you can find some helpful information, but you'll probably get three times more input on how to set up a trail sled at HCS than you will here. Similar story with vintage sleds (not referring to HCS). If there were an equal amount of traffic, mountain vs. flatland, then it would make sense to split things up more. Thing is, the trail riding segment isn't growing and is pretty well taken up by other forums, so you probably wouldn't get much by segmenting things. Might be worthwhile to have a "Flatland riders" sub-forum for each make though, you'd probably capture almost as much traffic that way as by splitting every chassis sub-forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features