• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 FC450 60 hours, time for new clutch?

S
Sep 15, 2016
Vancouver, WA
So been riding and feel the clutch engaging at the very end of the release. Bike has 60 hours and been a snow bike only, is it time for a new clutch? I have been using rotella T6 if that maters. How long are the clutches lasting on snow?

If it is time what would you recommend for replacement?

Thank you.

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
I ran my Husqvarna 140 hours and things still were good. You should run the 280 pound belvelle washer,(clutch spring) in it. Check your slave cylinder as the Magura seal didn’t hold up to the brake fluid. I would bet that is your trouble. Go to thumper talk and about 50 pages of the slave cylinder problem.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
The one mentioned above is cold pressed in so I think it is more reliable ... I have had issues with the rekluse ones lasting also

Sent from my Z999 using Tapatalk

S
Sep 15, 2016
Vancouver, WA
I think I found the problem, kinda feel silly even mentioning this, but the adjustment knob on the lever was all the way in. Ether I accidentally moved it or one of my buddies trying to be funny. I guess check the simple things first applies here. :face-icon-small-con

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
the washer

for sure replace the stock belvelle washer at first opportunity.
We found that KTM riders that weren't experiencing clutch issues noticed an immediate improvement in the clutch being way more positive and track hooked up, and with the stock light washer their clutch had always been slipping.

T
Feb 1, 2010
Entiat, WA
I ran my Husqvarna 140 hours and things still were good. You should run the 280 pound belvelle washer,(clutch spring) in it. Check your slave cylinder as the Magura seal didn’t hold up to the brake fluid. I would bet that is your trouble. Go to thumper talk and about 50 pages of the slave cylinder problem.

Not a problem on the 15, those came with Brembos.

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
While I highly doubt your clutch frictions are worn out there are some rubber dampers in the clutch that do tend to break down fairly quickly. These act as kushes and as they wear you get more and more clutch chatter. If you have a very loud clutch at idle in neutral but it goes away when you pull it in, chances are these rubbers could stand to be replaced. I did them at it stayed quiet for a while but somewhat quickly got loud again. I didn't worry too much about it after that. It's a super stout clutch design overall.

Premium Features