• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtx weights on 850

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Just putting it out there to see if anyone has tried the slp mtx weights in thier 850s yet, if so, whats your observations?

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Tried all kind of mixes on mtx 71 grams and been trying empty 74 grams.
Both worked pretty darn awefull on the patriot.

The engine has to much top end power that mtx weights really cant handle it. They are to heel heavy and to soft on the top end.
It just turns rpms but nothing really happends.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT

The engine has to much top end power that mtx weights really cant handle it. They are to heel heavy and to soft on the top end.
It just turns rpms but nothing really happends.[/QUO

Ummm IDK about that, we have run them on 225 HP++ sleds with zero top end issues, more than likely you slipping the belts or have other clutching issues. That being said the normal 10 series weights so far seem to work quite well in these sleds

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc

It just turns rpms but nothing really happends.

I saw this kind of issue if I used a stiffer sec spring like the blk purple, it would just rev and go nowhere.
Most of my riding is in the first 1/2 of the weight with short burst of wot, they seam to respond well (74s) but im unsure if theres a top end, speed penalty, the stock 68s seams to be a tad bit heavy in the mid to top end with inconsistent top rpms, but according to the manual I should be using 70 grm for 6000 feet.

Premium Features