• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

34" front end???

M

mxracer299

Nov 24, 2010
Great Falls, MT
So I've been on snowmobiles my whole life up until 6 years ago when I started snowbiking, I'm also a life long dirt biker. Im bored of the snowbikes now and picked up a new holdover 18 axys to see if I like sleds again, my riding will consist of chasing down my buddies on their snowbikes so I already picked up a set of 36" arms and was thinking of going with offset spindles as well to get it as narrow as possible at 34". I was wondering if it works and has anybody tried it and what did you think of it if so?

Cummins88

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2015
Ottawa
You're going to get mixed reviews on the 36" kit alone but 34" I would say that you will for sure panel out way too easily. I run the axys on the stock 39" and it's pretty darn good. I've read reviews of people not liking 36" but some do like it.

If you try 34" sure do post about it after, I'm curious.

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
Why not just go with the 10" front end? :face-icon-small-coo

attachment.php

attachment.php

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
:face-icon-small-coo "Top secret" Cant post anymore photos . That sled will die in the insurance junkyard.....But if you bug sledr2 on here you might be able to see some more. Its his build.

EXO sled was a company that was trying to make an idea like that work. But they also disappeared.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
looks great..if i pick up a pro next winter, thats what id do as well

M

mxracer299

Nov 24, 2010
Great Falls, MT
Well I went for it and it worked out great. I did the Alternate Impact 36" arms with ZRP offset spindles. Everything worked together nice and the geometry with the stock shocks looks great! It came out at 33-1/2" in the narrow setting. Im waiting on snow so I don't know how it rides yet, but it feels pretty dang nimble in the garage. Haha

E1C0A7DF-37D2-4A3B-B803-CC34D62D6651.jpeg

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I ran a 36” Zbroz front end with the mountainside performance offset spindles for the last couple rides last winter. Loved it.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Well I went for it and it worked out great. I did the Alternate Impact 36" arms with ZRP offset spindles. Everything worked together nice and the geometry with the stock shocks looks great! It came out at 33-1/2" in the narrow setting. Im waiting on snow so I don't know how it rides yet, but it feels pretty dang nimble in the garage. Haha

So how does it ride?

M

mxracer299

Nov 24, 2010
Great Falls, MT
So how does it ride?

We finally got enough snow to get out and get a solid day in the trees, it's too narrow. You cannot throw a leg without rolling it over, and dipping a shoulder with a leg on each side doesn't give you enough control to work tight trees, in the open that technique is ok. I'll widen it to a point that it will support being able to stand on one side. Also being that narrow gets super shetchy in off camber situations that normally wouldn't be any issue. It does fit through trees nice though!

pauly815

Premium Member
Oct 9, 2011
park city ut
What if you put Simmons 10’’ wide ski’s on it? I’m trying it out on my 36’’ Alt Imp front end for the real deep bottomless days

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
We finally got enough snow to get out and get a solid day in the trees, it's too narrow. You cannot throw a leg without rolling it over, and dipping a shoulder with a leg on each side doesn't give you enough control to work tight trees, in the open that technique is ok. I'll widen it to a point that it will support being able to stand on one side. Also being that narrow gets super shetchy in off camber situations that normally wouldn't be any issue. It does fit through trees nice though!

Awesome feedback. So nice to get honest reviews. I like the "I tried it, it didn't work, here is why" explanation.

Curious to see what you settle on width wise.

Premium Features