• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MDS Weights!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
MDS weights are working great on the Alpha. From 9-10k the stock 48 degree helix does not work very well though. Running a stock weight secondary spring it would not backshift right at times. Changed to a 45 degree helix made a significant difference. Running the super short bolt in the tip.

Edit - I’ve only tested the stock 48 helix at 9k. I do not know how it works with the MDS weights (new style) at lower elevation. For me the 45 at this elevation made a significant difference.

There was a foot off fresh yesterday so I could not keep close eye on how it was holding the rpms but it sounded and felt good. See if I can watch to today better but it’s snowing now so not likely.

Last edited:

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
wish we could run the mds in the 2018 ctec2 high country's. Steve stated cat shimmed the high country's and zr's different than the M8000's so, the new team bearing primary weight he has wont work unless we re-shim the spider. and the old weight (by his admission) is too aggressive, and will spin, trench easier from the profile, and engagement on the older weight. going to try Dalton's in base weight 70gr, and tune from there. Ski

Premium Features