• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wr 450 maps

Nov 13, 2008
Got a 2013 wr450 and wondering what others are doing for maps with the gytr tuner. Started out at all zeros and it was a dog went to +3 everywhere on fuel and ignition except +4 on ign at the higher rpms. Was way better but looking for something a little better.

R

ren79

Jan 29, 2010
WR450 2016 camso kit

For my WR the best mapping I found is
fuel
1 2 -1
2 3 -1
2 3 0
Ignition
1 2 4
2 2 2
1 0 1
Big difference vs stock

Nov 13, 2008
For my WR the best mapping I found is
fuel
1 2 -1
2 3 -1
2 3 0
Ignition
1 2 4
2 2 2
1 0 1
Big difference vs stock

I will try that map if I keep the kit on my wr. I will say that the stock settings I couldn't pull 3rd anywhere but the trail and with my map it pulled 3rd with ease

S
Mar 13, 2014
Bothell
I wanted to check in if there are any other maps you guys have found to be working well with the snowbike set up. I have been running the woods map on WR for the summer but think I should change it up for the coming season.

Let me know what you're liking.

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
Sky,

I have played with mine quite a bit trying to find the best for each season. I have a 2015 and run the GYTR FMF muffler only in the winter - stock muffler in the summer.

In the summer, the Aussie map works great if traction is plentiful but caused some overheating when speeds were low. The mud map worked best for the single track trails that I ride where we rarely get out of second gear. (speaking about the maps that GYTR provides with the tuner.)

For winter, I use the FMF map when temperatures are above 20 degrees. The bike does not like to start below that temp with that map. The map shared above is a good all-around performer and starts reliably below the 20 degree mark.

For where I ride (north Idaho - 6000ft average) I don't think there is one map that works for every condition / temp etc..

Riding style weighs in on map choice as well - in my opinion. For instance, I have never been one to ride in the highest RPM range. Even in the two-stroke days, I liked to stay in the meat of the power band. So with the 450, I think the only time I have heard it hit the rev-limiter is when I tipped over in a creek and gave her the whiskey throttle on my way down.

Premium Features