• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 SnoPro carbides

C
Aug 28, 2008
North Central MN
I am looking for recommendations for new carbides for my stock mountain skis. Mine aren't completely shot, but they are getting there. My riding consists of an annual trip to the mountains and a handful of 50-100 mile trips on the trails in MN. It doesn't matter where I am, I usually have a fair amount of trail riding to do to get where I want to go. So I want something that reduces darting on the trails. Also looking for something that doesn't hinder sidehilling.

Thinking about dual runner carbides as I have been reading online all morning and the limited info I have found states that they seem to work good.

Any info/experiences are appreciated.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
Put a set of Bergstrom ski shims at the back of the rubber ski dampers while your at it; they level the skis for way less darting & make for more level/even wear on the carbides.

freak007

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Look at how the current bars are worn. If worn even, or tail heavy no shims required. If your current bars are worn more in front than the back, shim the rear of the ski between the bumper and ski...

I just installed 8" Bergstrom "good 'n' ugly's" on my 2010 M8 SP, thin ski savers, and no shims. No darting. This is my 5th sled with Bergstrom skegs. I've only ever used their good and ugly, I've never felt the need to try the triple point... One sled has over 3k MN/WI miles on the carbide and still turns at the gas pump like it did when brand new.

Could I have run 6" bars? Probably, but I would rather have more bar than I need and reduce ski pressure than the opposite...

Premium Features